• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED need help choosing a video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danz707

Wide Area Network Member
Subang Jaya,Selangor Darul Ehsan,Malaysia
hey guys:) im new here and i just build my rig but~~~~~im missing a video cardXD i need advice choosing 1.my budget is betwwen 300usd-350usd.im planning on playing at 1080p(ultra if possible or max settings).was looking at the msi gamming gtx 770 but caught up in amd r9 280x.can anyone help me out please:)

thx and have a great day:bump:

The r9 280x is the exact same card as a 7970, just a rebrand. You can even cross fire the too with each other

What games do you plan on playing? Because pretty soon mantle(Amd's new api) will be coming out and you will begin to see a drastic improvement with amd cards. Also the 3gb of vram isn't a bad thing either:D

What games do you plan on playing? Because pretty soon mantle(Amd's new api) will be coming out and you will begin to see a drastic improvement with amd cards. Also the 3gb of vram isn't a bad thing either:D

Well i hope future games will support this mantle api.u know for know only bf4 is supporting it right?im planning on playing games such as bf4,cod:ghost,crysis 3,starcraft 2.im just trying to find a moderate video card that can max out on games and us future proof.

Well i hope future games will support this mantle api.u know for know only bf4 is supporting it right?im planning on playing games such as bf4,cod:ghost,crysis 3,starcraft 2.im just trying to find a moderate video card that can max out on games and us future proof.

The 7970 can run all the games on your list fine.

uhm one more thing in your price range nothing will be able to max out crysis 3. a 780 (now 500$) pulls a 45 average fps. to max out crysis 3 with 60+ fps youll need a 780ti or an oc titan.

uhm one more thing in your price range nothing will be able to max out crysis 3. a 780 (now 500$) pulls a 45 average fps. to max out crysis 3 with 60+ fps youll need a 780ti or an oc titan.

Completely false since he was talking about 1080P mode and not 1440P or 4k.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU13/709

A 7970 will run crysis 3 on max settings in 1080p mode just fine.

*edit*

nvm.. I'm wrong and you're right I clicked on the wrong one. My bad.

Back