• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help deciding which to get:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdperson

HI All

I'm building a cheap computer for a friend but i need some help deciding which mobo and cpu to get

Here's what ive decided on:

AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67Ghz) with an
ABIT NF7

Or

Intel Celeron D 315 2.26Ghz with an
ABIT IS-10

OR

Intel Celeron D 315 2.26Ghz with a
ECS PM800-M2

The rest of the components are fine i just need help with this.

He is going to use the computer for office work and gaming and need to know which would be the best out of those three combinations

Thanks
amdperson

The Celeron D is a good bargain if you can overclock 'em, but at default speed the Sempron will outperform the listed 2.26 Celly. I'm fairly sure the Abit IS-10 does not have O/C features. I would avoid the ECS motherboards, because they are low quality and while they do usually have O/C features, they don't O/C worth squat. If you picked the Abit IS-10 because you needed a micro with built-in video... then my suggestion is to consider the Asus P4P800-MX which is cheap, but don't have an AGP slot... or Asus P4P800-VM if you require an AGP slot for possible future upgrades.

Back