• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding a decent center channel/sound bar...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Moved into my new house and finally getting a final(ish) setup on my a/v stuff. My TV mounts above the fireplace and I purchased a 3 shelf wall mount for the audio equipment and cable box etc. Where the tv is mounted, I only have a total of about 8" from the tile frame of the fireplace to the bottom of the tv. I intend to install a floating shelf and that is where the center channel will go.

My problem is that the sound bars I have come across either come with a subwoofer (which I own already), doesn't take speaker level inputs or both. Traditional center channels are too tall ( I have a polk cs10 series 2). I estimate I will have 5-6" height available after mounting a floating shelf/mantle. The lower the better as the deeper and taller the unit is, I risk a chance of the closer seats getting the bottom of the tv cut off.

Budget is $300 on down. Used is fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

The problem with sound bars, and I think this one too (only see pic on phone) is that it does not have speaker level inputs. In other words how will it work with my existing receiver, other 4 speakers, and subwoofer?

About the smallest decent thing I have seen is the Klipsch rc-10

Last edited:
I have not... that is neat though!

I think I settled on the Paradigm Cinema 400 speaker. I lose a bit of range out of the center compared to my polk, but... I can wall mount it, or go floating shelf.

The problem with sound bars, and I think this one too (only see pic on phone) is that it does not have speaker level inputs. In other words how will it work with my existing receiver, other 4 speakers, and subwoofer?

About the smallest decent thing I have seen is the Klipsch rc-10

What output does your receiver have? The one linked has an analog 3.5mm input.

Now, some Paradigm towers are in my future... matching timbre and all. :rofl:
Paradigm's site shows them as discontinued...Were you able to get them direct from them or did you find somewhere that still carries them?

The cinema 400s? Found them on amazon for $120. I was tempted to replace my front with these as well, but would lose too much low end (each front has 12"), and my sub wouldn't fill in as much as I would like.

Back