• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding this beige full tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerdude92

I've been searching all over the net for this older full tower. It must be "extremely" rare since It's not on any used part site (ebay, goodwill, recycled goods, atx case sites, etc.) I found it on aiyamicro.com but that site is dead, none of the links work. BTW It's a beige/white server case with 6 optical drive bays and 2 bays for floppies. That's it in the picture below. I think it's a Supertalent or Supermicro 917 series case. If any of you know where I may find it please tell, or if anyone has one to sell, that would mean a lot to me. ;)

Attachments

• case.JPG
    case.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 2,124
That Supermicro case is a monster! 2 inches taller and 1 inch wider, but there's only 2 hard drive spaces. I was looking more towards this case for an alternative, the Aopen HX08 case. It has an extra hard drive rack on top - and it's better styled.
If someone has one to sell, please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• hx08.jpg
    hx08.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,270
  • aopenser_side.jpg
    aopenser_side.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 982
Last edited:
Basement:
Claremont-20111022-00085.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I just went into my basement and snapped a quick photo. However, I don't think she's for sale. I was planning a modded server case in the future... Just had to post the pic, my wife thinks it's just some piece of junk I continue to hang on to for no real good reason. :rolleyes::bang head

-RYknow

Ive got this sitting in my pile of parts. Had planned to move my server to it, but Im going to stick with what I have for now.

20111023115229711.jpg

20111023115221805.jpg

20111023115240858.jpg

Only thing is it was modded for dual PSU's at one point. I have the sides to it as well, but missing the 5in bay covers.

Ive got this sitting in my pile of parts. Had planned to move my server to it, but Im going to stick with what I have for now.

Only thing is it was modded for dual PSU's at one point. I have the sides to it as well, but missing the 5in bay covers.

Very cool and already has casters on it. Man I miss awesome cases. Have not seen anything that made me really go OOOOO in a LONG time. (Hmm that reminds me, gotta mod up my sisters old gateway box with the vertical hinged doors and the plastic bezeling all over :) )

heh, I love old cases, always fun to play with. My server in my sig is in one, needs redone though.
The above case even has a flip out motherboard tray, I think.

Computerdude92,

My only question... WHERE IN THE WORLD DID YOU FIND THAT CSX-917A??? (If that is the one you found ;)) I am desperately seeking a CSX917D Mini AT Tower for my retro DOS gaming rig... but here I am 3 years later in exactly the same spot you were. No leads, no reference to that case, no one selling on ebay, interloper, amazon, bonanza, etc... please, I'm begging you... if you have any leads for the CSX-917D that I'm looking for please share them. (Or sell the case if you have one lol)

Thanks in advance for your help on this!!

These pics. It reminds me of my old JUNO p6 full tower.

Its still sitting with my whole build from 1998.

(2) 350w ATX power supplies.
Athlon thunderbird
512Mb SDRAM
2xultra ata drives in raid0 (I think they are both below 1Gb in capacity)
32x CD burner (no rewrite)
4x DVD drive
IDE ZIP drive
Voodoo Phoenix AGP card
Soundblaster 16bit ISA sound card
Xoom 56k modem
19" CRT 1600x1200 BenQ

Retro baby.

Computerdude92,

My only question... WHERE IN THE WORLD DID YOU FIND THAT CSX-917A??? (If that is the one you found ;)) I am desperately seeking a CSX917D Mini AT Tower for my retro DOS gaming rig... but here I am 3 years later in exactly the same spot you were. No leads, no reference to that case, no one selling on ebay, interloper, amazon, bonanza, etc... please, I'm begging you... if you have any leads for the CSX-917D that I'm looking for please share them. (Or sell the case if you have one lol)

Thanks in advance for your help on this!!

I have a friend that recycles PCs, I can maybe ask him about old AT cases. I have an old AT psu sitting in my garage. Ive got at least 3 AT cases at my parents house but it is a little far away.

Back