• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding this beige full tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a friend that recycles PCs, I can maybe ask him about old AT cases. I have an old AT psu sitting in my garage. Ive got at least 3 AT cases at my parents house but it is a little far away.

That would be absolutely awesome! Thanks very much in advance for doing so! I am still fervently looking for the elusive CSX917D Mini AT Tower and still have had no luck. I honestly think that if I'm ever going to have any hope of finding it, it would be through a contact that owns/manages a warehouse and/or recycling center.

Please shoot me a showcase of pics detailing what you have on hand, and also what you can find from direct contacts. I am more than willing to make a good offer on any cases that may be similar to what I'm looking for. Any and all help would be extremely appreciated. I very much look forward to hearing back from you - please feel free to PM or email me if there are any other finds or leads too.

I've been searching all over the net for this older full tower. It must be "extremely" rare since It's not on any used part site (ebay, goodwill, recycled goods, atx case sites, etc.) I found it on aiyamicro.com but that site is dead, none of the links work. BTW It's a beige/white server case with 6 optical drive bays and 2 bays for floppies. That's it in the picture below. I think it's a Supertalent or Supermicro 917 series case. If any of you know where I may find it please tell, or if anyone has one to sell, that would mean a lot to me. ;)
I have this case, are you still interested?. The tall supertalent 917 with Athlon xp CPU. 400w power supply, removable drives (4). I am in UK My Email is [removed email - pm for email] Rather not throw away components inside but they are outdated. Odd motherboard has Three dimm slots. Two CD drives and various other things like sound card and ethernet. Was planning to mod but got side tracked . Case is available if that is all you need or want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for a fact that I had at least one of those. Perhaps, the folks who purchased and used these just tossed them out. They were common for DIY early adopters for building computers. This was when Gateway was still a company that went by the name of Gateway 2000. This tower case would have been an early gen DIY build. Maybe the first gen after the AT > ATX formfactor change over.

I can't say that I know how to get one now.

I know for a fact that I had at least one of those. Perhaps, the folks who purchased and used these just tossed them out. They were common for DIY early adopters for building computers. This was when Gateway was still a company that went by the name of Gateway 2000. This tower case would have been an early gen DIY build. Maybe the first gen after the AT > ATX formfactor change over.

I can't say that I know how to get one now.
Thanx for the heads up. Tried just in case.

I have this case, are you still interested?. The tall supertalent 917 with Athlon xp CPU. 400w power supply, removable drives (4). I am in UK My Email is [removed email - pm for email] Rather not throw away components inside but they are outdated. Odd motherboard has Three dimm slots. Two CD drives and various other things like sound card and ethernet. Was planning to mod but got side tracked . Case is available if that is all you need or want.
I am very interested in this case. If you're lurking and see this message, please send me a PM. Thanks! :)(y)

Back