• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help for my next upgrade...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DukeDaDuke

Hello im looking to add another upgrade this week to my recently built budget gaming pc. I have been adding parts every week. Last week was my processor the week before that was my case, the week before that was grfx card and so on. Im looking to make an uprgrade this week that will help me with performance in gaming...

My current system is:

Cpu= Amd Phenom II x4 925 @ 3.724 Ghz @ 1.45v
Board= Asrock Amd A770DE+
Ram= 2x2gb corsair xms2 dhx heatspreaders @896 Mhz @2.2v @ 5-4-4-12
Grafix Card= Saphire radeon hd 6770 @ 970 clock @ 1270 Memmory
Psu= ****ty Rocket fish 600 watt modular( it was a gift so heh cnt complain
Monitor= AOC 23 led full hd 1920x1080
Case= Rosewill Challenger
Dvd/Cd Burner= Liteon Oem
Cpu cooling= Corsair H50 in push pull config

If anymore info is needed i will gladly supply i am looking to spend 100$ max on this next upgrade so remember strictly performance wise upgrade only...Thank you all help is greatly appreciated ahead of time.

P.s. this is my fist thread ever in forums so bare with me lol!

Last edited:
second graphics card for crossfire? higher quality PSU? Motherboard with DDR3 and some DDR3 RAM would honestly be my suggestion but that will likely exceed your $100 limitation.

ive been reading everywhere and from wat i understand everywhere it says there is no real performance gain in that area, From ddr2 to ddr3 and i just got these 4gb modules rma'd 3months ago so they are brand new but if its worth it performance wise i will upgrade???

Back