• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help from OC expert(blown my last mobo)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JosephL13

I've got this setup:

-Artic Cooler 7 HSF
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
-MSI 870A G54
-G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Core i5 1.5V
-XFX Radeon 5770

I've already blown the motherboard by putting the voltage to high (don't remember how high) So i bought the same mobo again and want to try OC safely.

So what should I try with the settings? What kind of temps should I watch out for? Should I OC through the bios or use the MSI OC utility?

If anyone has a similar or the same setup I'd really appreciate help.

Thanks

1. I would recommend limiting the CPU voltage to 1.5 in bios and maybe 1.55 under load in Windows.
2. I would recommend limiting core temps (not CPU temps) to 57 C.
3. Overclock through the bios.
4. Download and install the following software: "CPU-z", "HWMonitor" and "Prime95". These programs are standard tools around her for overclocking. Respectively in order, they report hardware info and bios settings, monitor temps and voltages and put the CPU under stress to check for stability.
5. Make up you mind to overclock in small increments and to devote hours to this process. Usually, its those who jump right in and start plugging in some else's bios values that fry their components.

Back