• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help from some of the veterans of cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

Gonna go back about 5 years...

I have an old Intel E2160 CPU (Dell Inspiron 530) that I want to use strictly for my 5-yo daughter. This is going to be an ABC Mouse computer!

Anyway, I want to install Win7 on an extra 128GB SSD I have laying around but I need a new CPU fan. I can't seem to find any 80mm 4 wire/pin cpu fans for the stock HSF. The Dell MB has the screw type holes where the HSF screws directly into the holes of the MB. I wanted to use an Artic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro that I had laying around, but it uses the push type pins to secure it to the MB...

Do I just get myself a $5 80mm 3-pin fan or do I bang my head against a wall and try to use the Freezer 7 and try to find a way to get it screw into the holes?

Maybe I'm wasting my time and overthinking it for an ABC Mouse computer?!?!?

Thanks

Gonna go back about 5 years...

I have an old Intel E2160 CPU (Dell Inspiron 530) that I want to use strictly for my 5-yo daughter. This is going to be an ABC Mouse computer!

Anyway, I want to install Win7 on an extra 128GB SSD I have laying around but I need a new CPU fan. I can't seem to find any 80mm 4 wire/pin cpu fans for the stock HSF. The Dell MB has the screw type holes where the HSF screws directly into the holes of the MB. I wanted to use an Artic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro that I had laying around, but it uses the push type pins to secure it to the MB...

Do I just get myself a $5 80mm 3-pin fan or do I bang my head against a wall and try to use the Freezer 7 and try to find a way to get it screw into the holes?

Maybe I'm wasting my time and overthinking it for an ABC Mouse computer?!?!?

Thanks

Hello Guppie - You made me chuckle with ABC Mouse Computer.

If you have the stock cooler and are not planning to overclock - then why not do that? I reason that at the worse you might need to order a 80mm fan.

I might be overthinking this myself. :screwy:

Back