• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help from someone that has some time, my pc is not performing a 100%?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xintensex

Registered
I ve had my pc for a bit now its giving me performance problems and haven't messed with
this stuff in awhile so need some guidance TY

Need a lot more information than that...

System specs
What you are seeing problems with
What you have done to troubleshoot already

We need full system specs and an actual description of the problem to help.

Ok thx guys for reply I can post specs np, what app screenshots? lmk what ones you want TY

- - - Updated - - -

pc specs 2015.png

Normal applications to post are cpu-z cpu and memory and gpu-z so we can see that information, beyond that any applications that you run that would have a benchmark/score that we could use to determine if your computer is performing as it should (3dmark, etc)

But most importantly knowing your system specs and where exactly you are seeing an issue would be helpful...

A full list, as seen in my signature, is what we're looking for.

Again, an actual description of what your problem is and what troubleshooting you've done will be necessary.

Processor - Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge
CPU Cooling - Stock
Mobo - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce FTX 660Ti
Power - Corsair GS700
Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Pc is lagging big time so i thought maybe the cpu was clogged with dust so i cleaned that out I had windows 7 so I thought maybe upgrading to Windows 10 would help with performance so I installed Win 10 it seems slower now? And i feel like my cpu isnt running at full speed I tried playing a game and it freezes or crashes and restarts my pc! I used to play games and do graphic design now I can hardly run chrome with 5 tabs open ?? I defragged all my drives updated all my drivers, run default settings in bios etc.. I am confused? What else you need from me ? Ty so much for reply I am going nuts :(

Last edited by a moderator:
older pc... assuming older install of windows.... assuming malware... whens the last time you did a clean install of windows?

Umm, it's pretty clear you are overheating....Nearly NO LOAD AND 85c????

Fan on the cpu still spinning? Have you tried remounting your cooler and cleaning then adding new thermal paste?

Last edited:
k I booted up my pc tonight been hours since memtest and load was at 98 real hot now its lower ?? Does that make since is there something making it hotter on load ?? I am confused regardless I am getting ArticSilver tomorrow possibly a nice cpu cooler too if I dondt kill the CPU ?? lol

76 cp.png

Under load cpus run hotter yes. Your chip should be idling around 35-40 Celsius with the stock cooler, maybe a little more. Not above 70C.

ok spoke too soon its back to 97C no way to overclock rpms on stock fan ?? That might help temp

Back