• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help from someone that has some time, my pc is not performing a 100%?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go as far as to say that the heatsink isn't mounted correctly. Even with no TIM, you should be able to keep in the low 50s idle.

Take a picture of your heatsink with the fan uncliped.

I bet it's just clogged with dust and pet hair.

In all likelihood you do not need a new cooler, you just need to clean the one you have.

Can you host the image locally please? Your imgur link isn't working for me

it's just a picture of arctic formula 7, not of the requested heatsink picture

K I went out and bought this been so busy with work and just getting to around to this and I noticed I'm out of Isopropyl Alcohol 91% frown.gif Also a pic of my cpu and heatsink it def needs to be cleaned up !! One more thing last time I did this I applied a pea size on cpu and none on heatsink what would you guys recommend? It's been a bit like I said lol Ty

900x900px-LL-5e9f8859_IMG_20150827_001859261.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you have two types of paste on there? Did you not clean off the old before applying new?

Looks like you have the size about right.

2015-08-29 01_40_29-Microsoft Edge.png k cleaned both cpu and heat sink real good with 91 % Isopropyl alcohol here is my temps allot cooler but pc seems still to be lagging hmm ??

Checked for viruses like was mentioned earlier? Malwarebytes should find anything if it's there.

lol random thought just occurred to me...

is the fan actually spinning on the heat sink? open your case and make sure that bad boy is whirling around. It should be making quite a bit of noise and spinning super fast at 80+ (run a benchmark and watch the fan).

Ok I found out what some of the lag was it was Network Magic from Pure Networks eating my resources, seems allot better now I also scanned for malware viruses etc, I am clean :)

What the heck is "Network Magic"??? Sounds like malware to me.

Double check the virus scan by booting to Safe Mode and re-scanning.

Back