• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP!! OCing a P4 2.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djhessler

P4 2.4 533fsd NORTHWOOD
1 GIG ram
Asus p4b266

I need help to OC my P4 2.4 533 fsb system, I'm new to Overclocking so please, a step by step would be very helpfull. I have actually overclocked the computer already but I don't know if I have done it right, here is what CPU-Z says:

Core Speed: 2700 mhz
Multiplier: X18
FSB: 150.0 mhz
Buss Speed: 600mhz
Temp is very stable in the 40c

My voltage has remained the same (1.520) as well as my stock cooling fans, would moving the FSB to 200 be safe (3600 mhz) and what do I need to change? Voltage? How do I lock the pci's (audio card, video card)?

Hessler

thanks in advance!!!!

well seeing your temps are in the forties i dont think you will make it that far but see if you can hit 3Gigz first and if not raise your vcore then try again....also what type of ram do you have because you might get limited....

My ram is pc2700

will rasing the multiplier from 18 to lets say 25 do better?

thanks again

Sophisticated, thanks, I'll try that when I get home today, yesterday I tried raising the FSB to 166 but my computer wouldn't boot-up, but I'll try maxing my vdimm and see if that works, I'm up to 2700 mhz but I wanna go up 3000 mhz at least, and I will also try raisin my vcore if the vdimm does not do it. Thanks for your replies.

Hessler

1) Unless you are able to lock the PCI bus, 150 to 155 FSB will be about your limit.

2) You will not need to increase vdimm to max, because you will have to use the 1:1 ratio and at 150 FSB that's only DDR300. Your RAM is rated for DDR333.

3) Raising vcore ain't going to help if you can't lock the PCI bus.

4) I didn't find anyway to lock the PCI bus in the two overclocking review articles I skimmed about that mobo.

Batboy, thanks for the info, I think you are right, there is no way to lock my PCI bus, if you find a way can you post it? I would be very gratefull. Thanks.

Hessler

Back