• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on my overkill build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using the Seasonic Prime Titanium 650 watter in my main rig. It handles everything I've thrown at it bar none. The 850w FOCUS Plus is one helluva unit. You won't be disappointed.

find an evga 850 G2, the fans on the G3 do not like to be run on their side or inverted, I think it's hydrodynamic and not ball bearing.
I run the 850 G2's and order a cable kit from cablemods.
all the mentioned psus are good, just be sure that the one you chose has all the connectors you need native, try very hard to avoid adaptors, they look like crap and can fail on you.

Evga g3 850w would be my choice.

find an evga 850 G2, the fans on the G3 do not like to be run on their side or inverted, I think it's hydrodynamic and not ball bearing.
I run the 850 G2's and order a cable kit from cablemods.
all the mentioned psus are good, just be sure that the one you chose has all the connectors you need native, try very hard to avoid adaptors, they look like crap and can fail on you.

When the G3 came along there was some meh reviews, may be safer in the long run to get a G2 (even overclocking mine to the gills i never once heard the fan) : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/evga-supernova-850-g3-psu,review-33828-11.html

Back