• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on my overkill build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a couple suggestions, you need a PSU and I would consider 4x8 GB of ram unless you really really need 64GB. I would also opt for a different CPU cooler.
Give me a few minutes and I'll make a couple changes and post the link

I'm watercooling the whole system and I'm looking at the PSU right now and I want the 64 GB of ram because my friend can get it for $300 since he works for corsair

By watercooling you mean a custom loop set up or all-in-one? The AIO you selected is not that great TBH

M.2 MNVe over PCIe will not interfere with SSD over sata but there are NMVe drives that run over sata which will affect how many SSD you can use but still can be used together. All that info is in the manual. What you would want is an M.2 NVMe drive which runs PCIe3 x4 as your boot/OS drive and then whatever storage you think you need in SSD or even spinners.

What's the Benefits using m.2 and should I get 2 of them. I already have 2 Samsung ssd to use for my build

They are a lot faster (on paper). Though unless you are manipulating and moving large files a lot, chances are you won't notice it much... but it is more snappy all around in my experiecne with them.

That said, you want overkill... PCIe NVMe based M.2 drives are wicked fast.

No don't worry about the ram. They don't usually get hot enough even overvolted to warrant the cost and the actual coolers are typically very restrictive to the flow of the loop.
If you need some help setting things up we have a water cooling section here I would also suggest reading the beginner's guide

Thank you and one last question or maybe not. My case can fit 2 rad should I use just one or both

A good rule of thumb is ~100W for every 120/140mm of radiator you have (info is in sticky thread in the water cooling section). If you are cooling the CPU and GPUs, that is about 600W-700W right there... do the math... :)

Back