• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on upgrading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vol7ron

Registered
Hello im new to this so here i go,
im have a 650w power supply and 1tb of memory so these should be ok to stay in my pc but my gpu and cpu are outdated.:(
i have a gtx 560 ti and a really bad processor i think its not even a i3 :-/ also a asrock 1600 glan and 4g (2x2g) of ram
i will need a new motherboard, gpu, cpu and ram because these are old (motherboard doesn't take new processors)
my case is atx type
So this i what i really need help with:confused:
i have a budget of £400-£500 to spend on upgrading these things and i don't know what to get so please please help thank you
Also i from the uk

To make certain of what you have now, please download and install a free program called "CPU-z". Then attach screenshots of these three tabs: "CPU", "Motherboard", and "SPD". That will give us the catalog of hardware info we need to advise you properly. Also, tell us about your case. Does it have a make and model number? That's important to since the parts you get must fit in it. What is the make and model of your PSU?

To attach an image with your posts: 1. Crop and save the images with something like Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories. 2. Attach images by clicking on Go Advanced and then the paperclip tool found in the Advanced post window.

And would you be buying the parts from local retailers or on-line. Please provide links to vendors. Pricing and availability of parts varies tremendously from one part of the world to another.

Once you add the pics that trents has asked for we will be able to assist more.

What type of build do you want, AMD or Intel?

What will it be used for?

Do you plan on Overclocking?

extra info

i want to play games like call of duty but i don't mind how good it looks
cpuz spd.jpg cpuz mainboared.jpg cpuz cpu.jpg
i have a cube 247 nova case and a 650w power supply thanks for the help:)

Update i don't even know anything about over clocking so that shouldn't be a problem

For future reference, please crop the images so the empty white space is gone. This will make the images themselves appear larger and be easier to read. You can crop the images with Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories if you have Vista OS or later.

You could use a new motherboard, new CPU, new memory and a new GPU at least. Your system is quite old, being based on DDR2 memory technology and socket 775 instead of DDR3 and socket 1150 which is current technology for Intel. You could also go with AMD and vastly improve over current performance but for less money than Intel.

Edit: Having said that, the CPU of your current system is fairly capable. But you are limited by only having 2 gb of RAM. So if you cannot afford a major overhaul of the system then you can probably improve your gaming results quite a bit with upgrading to 4 gb of RAM and a stronger video card.

Last edited:
Thank you is it true the 4670k has overheating problems and if so is there a cheap but practical cooler i could use for it

It can be said that most Intel CPUs have overheating problems on the stock cooler. Though they perform in spec, they get damn hot. Coolermaster Hyper 212 is what I recommend.

Back