• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Overclocking system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icneumone

• QuadCore AMD FX-4100
  • Asus M5A78L-M LX
  • 2x Kingston HYPERX 2048MB DDR3 1333MHZ CAS9
  • AMD Radeon HD 6770 (Juniper) 1gb DDR5 (4,8ghz)
  • COOLERMASTER ELITE 500w PSU
  • COOLER ZALMAN CNPS-7X LED
  • SSD SATA3 60gb OCZ VERTEX
  • WESTERNDIGITAL SATA3 CAVIAR GREEN 500gb

I would like that someone could help me to overclock and "calibrate" this system functionality?:confused: I am prone to upgrade to amd 990x MOBO soon enough, untill then i would like to take full advantage of this system. " Mostly to play Skyrim in extreme graphics mode ":clap:

Thank you :attn:

Not sure a 6770 GPU is going to allow you to play Skyrim in 'extreme graphics mode'..

That out of the way, there is a link in my signature on how to overclock Bulldozer.. check that out. In the meantime, Im sure some guys that know AMD will swing by shortly.

Not sure a 6770 GPU is going to allow you to play Skyrim in 'extreme graphics mode'..

That out of the way, there is a link in my signature on how to overclock Bulldozer.. check that out. In the meantime, Im sure some guys that know AMD will swing by shortly.

Having what is basically the same GPU (for about another 48 hours or less :D ) i would interject, but i don't have Skyrim and 5770 / 6770 GPU's can max some new games even at 1080P, others it simply can't. With a few tweaks on it thought i'm sure he could as long as he keeps the res under 1080P, but then again it might just do it at full beans...

Anyway, as ED said please read this http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663

Once your confident to make a start and let us know when / if you run into problems :)

Thanks for the replies. As soon as i read the guide i will promp some new questions. By the way, would it be a good thing having CPU&GPU at same clock frequency? Or it just doens´t matter?

Thats impossible in the first place... Your CPU is 3.xxGhz vs your video card is ~900Mhz.

@ Frakk - http://www.techspot.com/review/467-skyrim-performance/page6.html

30 FPS at 1680x1050...not too bad, but on the threshold of what most deem 'playable'. Hopefully he isnt running 1920x1080/1200 or that would drop (to 27 FPS and they said, "When cranking the resolution up to 1920x1200, most of the lower-end products struggled to deliver playable performance, or in the case of the Radeon HD 6770 and 6750, completely bombed"). Remember he said 'extreme graphics mode' which Im guessing is full tilt... which means turning settings down to accomplish playable FPS isnt 'extreme graphics mode'...though you are correct, that would help. I stand by my original statement 100%.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. As soon as i read the guide i will promp some new questions. By the way, would it be a good thing having CPU&GPU at same clock frequency? Or it just doens´t matter?

Erm? i don't get that, your GPU (which is identical to mine by all but name) runs 850Mhz stock, your CPU is 3.6Ghz (i think?) as you can see i have overclocked my GPU, but i don't see how you can conform to any sort of balance with the CPU, whats more it does not really mater in most cases.

Overclocking the GPU will almost always improve your gaming experience, overlocking the CPU will but only with some games, though i think Skyrim is one of them.

But is it necessary to match them up in some form? no, is it a good idea to overclock both? yes :)

I can help you with your GPU if you like ? first thing i would ask is it the one with a proper heat sink and fan? i think they have made some fan-less ones in more resent times and they would not overclock as they run pretty warm already.

Last edited:
Yes it is the one with the decent heatsink. it has a fan so to speak. :D Now i am palying Skyrim in ultra high quality and ENB patch extreme sharpshooter graphics MOD that gives me the best detail ever in skyrim. performance is ok, but FPS doesn´t go above 20/25. I is not a bad playing rate but as a perfectionist i am i would like to have the best perform. i could get.:cry:

Yes it is the one with the decent heatsink. it has a fan so to speak. :D Now i am palying Skyrim in ultra high quality and ENB patch extreme sharpshooter graphics MOD that gives me the best detail ever in skyrim. performance is ok, but FPS doesn´t go above 20/25. I is not a bad playing rate but as a perfectionist i am i would like to have the best perform. i could get.:cry:

I just went to the link that 'Earth_Dog' told you about >
Bulldozer OC Guide!
< and read thru some of the guide and for a perfectionist as you say you are, it should be just right for your use. Just about everything I have seen about clocking the BD/FX cpus is covered in that link. Following it should result in getting more speed out of your FX-4100. Good luck and have fun.

Back