• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help pc wont boot up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XantRoss

Registered
First of all sorry for my english! XD

Ok so i built my pc like 7 months ago and had like 4 times the same problem but now i cant solve it.....

I had today electric shut down and my pc shutted down...when the elec went back i tried to boot up my pc but it was negative resaults.....when i pressed the power button its bootted for like a half second and shutted down and i tried to press the power button again and nothin happend........

i have:
‏Phenom II x6 Six Core 1090T Socket AM3 3.3Ghz
Asus Crosshair iv formula motherBoard
3x2GB 1333Mhz (2-G.skill and 1-Kingston)
ATI Radeon 4870 HD graphics card
750W corssair PSU
*I think its the PSU problem cuz when i pull out the 8 pin out its making the same problem......

If some one know whats the problem please write here! :)

Last edited:
Ohh yea and one more thing, when i press the power button red led turns on (the cpu led) for a half second....

Electrical power failures like you have had...in the majority of cases, kill the power supply. I would beg or borrow a good power supply and test. Should save a lot of time.

But the PSU giving power to the motherboard....ithink its not giving power to the CPU...and i dont have any other PSU to check with...And again i had this problem like 4 time...every time i get all the parts out of the case and booted up and all was fine...but this time its not working...

Try to unlpug other hardware in you motherboard like gpu and less your memory. Maybe the power supply fails to supply all power needed. The brownout affect the psu because when the power comes back it have a hight voltage and it can damage your hardware when you don't have a UPS to absorb the high current.

I tried to boot only with 1 mem and a video card...and got the same resault...

I have only 1 and its the one in my pc (1tb)...i wanted to try with my grandpa PSU and it has 4 pins and i need 8 so i didnt checked...

Someone know some other reason for the problem? Please i tried every thing i can...:( its driving me crazy!

Do you have a digital multimeter? Try unplugging everything from the psu turn it on and check the voltages... i will try to find the how-to to turn on a psu.

This will do...Link

Damit man....yea like i though this is the power supply......i did the paperclip trick and it had a pulse and turn off....

Back