• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Picking Parts for New PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xb1az3x

I'm planning on building a PC for a friend. It will be running Windows XP Pro. It is only going to be used for word processing, and small amounts of photo editing, no gaming though. The problem is i want to keep it between $300-$400. These are the general parts im thinking of:

AMD processor, either Socket A or maybe A64?
512mb of RAM
at least 80 GB HD
DVD-RW/CD-RW combo drive
Integrated Audio/Video

Im thinking about trying to make it a Micro ATX based computer if that makes sense. Im not sure if there are any decent barebones systems available that would cover these criteria. Any helpo would be appreciated. Thanks a lot fellas.

Personally I would go intel on this build. Keep it cheap though. What all does the system have to include?.........(moniter, speakers, etc) Other than that micro-atx would not be a bad decision but just make sure you get a good MOBO that's in micro atx.

PEACE

Just wanted to bump this and answer EWBatOVAclockin. I dont need to get anything other than what i listed. Im not familiar with mini atx at all so i needed help if anyone has had any experience with mini-atx. but i really need some help. not sure where the best place to buy these parts are either any help is appreciated. and if intel is better for mini-atx id go with intel too. thanks

Back