• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help! What could it be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

Ok, so I built a new computer(in my sig) like 2 weeks ago. Its been great, and it auto-overclocks to 5.1 Ghz right out of the box. Came how from work and its giving me problems. I ran a disk check and it found no errors. Whenever I move the mouse it will freeze for just a split seconmd. It does this over and over. Also, Im playing music on Spotify and constantly hear songs have a split second of distortion, like some sort of digitizing. I cant figure out what could be causing my problems. The computer hasnt been overclocked for days, and its been running fine. Its not overheating, no errors found when I run a disk check in WIndows, no errors when I run a chkdsk c: /f /r upon boot. Where would you guys start? Also, the WIndows logs arent showing errors either.

Here is a small audio file where you can hear that "digitizing" distortion when playing Spotify

Last edited:
Is this a new installation of Windows?
Have you tried starting in safe mode to see if it's driver related?
You can also try running a command prompt in "admin" and using sfc/scannow to do a systems file check

If Johan's suggestions don't help, try disconnecting all those extra drives and just run the system with just the boot drive and see if the problem goes away.

It was sort of a new install...about a week old. Couldnt figure it out, but did a registry scan though the command prompt and found a lot of errors, so I just did a clean install.....working well again, but for how long?

gotta figure out what was gunking things up. I'm guessing either a bad driver or some sort of malware.

Back