• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with a Chaintech 7VJL (blast from the past?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazy Jayhawk

I recently swapped out the motherboard on my sister's computer, which was a hand-me-down from me. After years of operation it finally succumbed to the capacitor plague. I ended up with the 7VJL board because the person selling it wasn't asking for much.

The problem is that the seller didn't have the manual. The front panel jumpers are not labeled at all. I managed to find the two pins for the power switch by trial and error, but beyond that is a mystery. Aso included was a 2-port USB bracket, but there's no clear indication of where to plug it in. Chaintech no longer makes motherboards, so the manual is no longer available on their site. Searching for the manual on Google has gotten me nowhere. Plenty of results come up, but none actually have the manual available for download.

Can anyone help me out here? Even the manual for a different Chaintech model might help. I would expect the front panel pin layout to be fairly consistent between different models.

I've also looked around and didn't see anything but believe if you can find one of a board that's similar/a variant of yours, it may help. If I do find anything, I'll post up about it.

Back