• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Realtek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkblitz05

Hello guys, (again)
I have been trying to fix the sound of my realtek lately. I would like to ask for help on what to do. I know my current version is kinda late.

Note:
My Motherboard is Asus m5a99fx Pro r2.0
Current installed Audio driver Version: Realtek 6.0.1.7848

I got the impression that when ever I used my gaming headset, its sound is just not really good its clear but its low. Even if the volume controller of the headset is already set to maximum, and in the taskbar the volume control is already set to 100/max. But if I check my desktop speakers that is plugged into the front panel of the board the sound is good and even I dont have to max out the volume control.

so my problem really is that, in using the gaming headset the sound that i can hear is not really quite good.
My other question is that, is my board's audio driver only until to version 6.0.1.7848? Because in the manufacturer site of asus, the latest audio driver version posted is 6.0.1.7848 and it came in the year of 2016.

Screenshot below:

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thank you.
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

its not the headset because, if i use the headset on a laptop the sound quality is really good and I can hear it well and clear, not even maxing out the volume control.

Back