• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 32gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XMP man. Set it and.... forget it!

hqdefault.jpg

Don't listen to this guy,

setandforget.jpg

Just go into your bios, set XMP, double check with CPU-Z that it's done it right, and you're good to go.

32GB of 2400Mhz RAM is going to put a "reasonable" (not super high, but significant) stress on your IMC so I wouldn't go trying to make it run faster or tighter-timed than it's designed for. Not until you at least confirm stability at stock XMP settings.

Also always a good idea once everything is dialed in to run bootable memtest on your new memory.

Thanks for the reply

XMP reads 11-13-13-31 and it does not have any other options

so i dont know what you want me to do ?

thanks

There is nothing else to do. XMP is the high performance setting for that RAM. It's already tweaked for you. Besides, tweaking memory is probably the most time consuming overclocking activity of all the things you can tweak and the least productive from a performance improvement standpoint. The speed and timings of the memory make little to no difference in performance once you get up to a certain frequency. For the CPU like you have there is little to be gained once you go beyond DDR3 1600 mhz with stock timings with the possible exception of a few tasks like file compression/decompression activities (think WinRar). That is a well-known, oft tested and proven fact. But the marketing hype still sells high speed kits, I guess.

Thanks Trents

I did the AI tweak from Bios and now I am @2448 so that went well // way better then 1333 :)

Did you check performance before and after the bios tweak? How much difference did it make?

Back