• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with fan blow direction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ovakin

Hi there, I'm new here and I'm new to tinkering with my rig as well. Today I purchased a CPU cooler and things went smoothly. There's only one thing is that my CPU fan and my case fan seem to be blowing in opposite directions, like the image below:

2UU6wms.jpg

But the temperature seems good, even after I kicked my CPU up to 3.8 from 2.8 and ran IntelBurnTest for an hour, max temp was 66C
I'd appreciate advice if it just fine like that or I should flip the CPU fan but there'd be not much space left to do that.

Cheers!

the cpu cooler is blowing from right to left, good; the exhaust fan has been turned around to blow cool air in, that or it is really weak and you can't feel it. Either way, as long as you have another fan blowing air IN to the case, then just flip that rear exhaust fan around.

In my experience PC fans always blow towards the frame that actually holds the fan (not 100% sure, but I've never seen otherwise)

I would turn that case fan around, so the CPU fan and case fan are working together. And if you decided to reverse airflow on the cooler you don't have to put the fan on the other side necessarily, you can just flip it where it is and it will pull air through.

Yuppers, flip that back puppy around.

Maybe even consider getting another 120 and push pull that TRUE.

Those two fans kinda fighting each other atm it looks.

Back