• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my new monitor, strange issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceyWilly

I got my new Gateway widescreen monitor today, it's pretty amazing. No backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no hum... blah blah blah. Oh and if there is a problem with it being too dark in the middle, it has got me fooled...

But all was not as it seemed...

When I opened it up and plugged it in to the DVI port on my computer along with my old 17" lcd on the VGA port, it posted fine and was going great until where it would usually load Windows. Then it just started beeping and didn't stop until I restarted. Right now I've got it working on DVI by letting it boot on the 17" with the new monitor unplugged, and then once windows was done loading I went and enabled it through the driver. Also it boots fine when I plug the 17" into the DVI port and the new one into the VGA port, which is probably what I'll do temporarily until I get this fixed.

So what would cause Windows boot sequence to hate my monitor? I reinstalled the drivers, and uninstalled Rivatuner and Powerstrip, to no avail. I'm still thinking it's probably a driver problem, but I'm not familiar enough with NVidias drivers to know what to do...

Also before I got this monitor I had the 17" plugged in to the DVI port and it booted no problem, so it's got something to do with this monitor specifically...

Last edited:
Back