• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with proper airflow in Thermaltake Chaser case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tumbaumba

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new video editing/gaming rig and need some help (ideas) on a proper airflow setup.

Here is the rig I'm working on:

- Thermaltake Chaser MK-I ATX Full Tower
- Rosewill Photon 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
- G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
- 4 SATA 7200 HDDs (total 5TB)
- PNY GeForce GTX 770 (possibly a second one for SLI)
- 27" LG IPS monitors setup (triple)

Here is a diagram of the airflow I'm thinking to implement:
https://cacoo.com/diagrams/uKOQmRzpL56Assd9

So based on that diagram I have a few questions for you real pros ;)

1) Do I need a side door 200mm fan? if yes, should it be intake or exhaust. Please explain.

2) Should I keep the front 200mm intake fan or replace it with 2 120mm ones?

3) Should I use the bottom intake fan? (between HDDs and PSU) 120mm or 140mm?

4) Is this a proper setup for Corsair h100i? fans blowing into the radiator as exaust.

The questions are listed in order of priority. If you can answer at least one that would be great.
Any other ideas are very welcome!

Thank you very much for your time and cheers.
TU

front/sides = intake
top/rear = exhuast.

1. Nope. If so, Intake is what I would use it as.
2. Choice is yours there. It really is a matter of preference as the cooling performance likely wont be much different.
3. Your choice as well. Its likely not needed.
4. That setup is fine. You are not trying to break records and will settle on a middle of the road overclock which a couple of C wont make a difference.

If you are rocking 5760x1080 resolution (x3 1920x1080), you will likely need another 770 to play some games full tilt. I would also get a 970 instead... faster and has more vram for the high res you are running.

Also not sure on the quality of the Rosewill Photon PSU. Rosewill is hit and miss, but has been better as of late. I can't seem to dig up any Photon series reviews either. That said, grab an EVGA SUpernova G2 750W and call it a day. That will handle your setup with some overclocking just fine.

Back