• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with rackmount case cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-GeO-

Hey guys. I have the following rackmout server case and have a couple quick cooling questions:

CASR_CATR_42_01_more.jpg

I was going to mount a Corsair H100i radiator over the back of the two 120mm fan spots. The manual says it's best to align the fans as an intake. That said, here are my questions:

1. Do I need additional fans for case cooling or will that be sufficient? (my GPU has two small fans)

2. If i do install case fans, what are your recommendations? If the rear fans are used as an intake, do i stick 5.25 bay fans to exhaust out the front? (I will have one free 5.25" slot on the front left side above the internal drive bays) That makes sense from an airflow standpoint but my concern is that small 30 or 40mm fans will be too noisy (the PC is a music production machine) and i didn't really want the fans exhausting on my legs while i sit.

Therefore, how else can I achieve good cool airflow inside the case while keeping noise to a minimum? Can't i hang an additional fan from that middle bar or something? Is that even necessary? What are the best options. Thanks in advance as i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to modern cooling techniques.

Geo

Back