• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with X-Fi Elite Pro!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jEevion

Hello everyone. I am having some problems with my sound system/computer/musical keyboard.

OK so basically I have a PC connected to a projector (via HDMI) and a receiver (X-Fi Elite Pro sound card, connected via 3xRCA using the 3 analog outs on the sound card).

My keyboard is plugged in to a line in on the front of the Creative Console.

My problem is as follows.

There are 3 modes that you can toggle between with the Creative software. Entertainment, Audio Creation, and Gamer.

Audio creation mode gives me the best sound quality. Also it can output at higher volumes before I hear sound distortion in the speakers, as if it's too loud. In Gamer mode, I can enable the subwoofer (I want the bass), but audio creation mode (for some stupid reason) does not support a sub.

So I can either have very low volume sound WITH bass, or a higher, preferred sound WITHOUT bass.

I don't understand why, but if I so much as turn the volume up on the Creative Console anything above minimum, playing chords on my keyboard results in sound distortion. I have tried playing with different volume settings, and can only reach a certain point before I hear the distortion.

I hope you can make sense of that. If not ask me to clarify things. Please help me with this, the card was expensive and want it to perform as such!

I have a 5.1 speaker setup (Sinclair Speakers), all connected to the receiver via speaker wire, sub connected to the Sub in via high quality video cable (work fine otherwise).

What do you think the problem could be? When using any other source, my speakers will play VERY loud before I hear any distortion.

I have a Yamaha DGX-620 musical keyboard. Yamaha HT 5590 receiver I think it is. Thanks for your time.

Back