• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M-78

Registered
This probably isn't the proper forum for this, but I don't have 100 posts to post in the appropriate forum. My friend just purchased some new computer parts. When we hooked everything up (I have experience putting computers together so I knew what I was doing...or so I thought) and went to fire the new comp up, it didn't do anything!

All the hardware seems to be hooked up properly, and the power source has the switch on 115 V. We tested the Power Supply by switching another power supply into the new machine, and nothing happened as well...the power supply's fan didn't even move.

If you know what is wrong, and how to fix it please post. Thanks.

did u connect the power button plugs into the right pins? u might of had switched it up and did the whole positive/negative thing wrong.

White(wire) off of the power switch is the negative, in most applications..Same holds for the reset switch. My switches were reversed on my cheapy case...It sits on the self gathering dust now..:D

Maybe the motherboard is comming in contact with metal, thus shorting it out. Loosen the motherboard from the standoffs to relieve pressure.

Hmm, ok thanks for the input so far

I forgot to mention that the LED on the mobo is lit up...i don't know if that makes a difference to what everyone else has said thus far.

that just means that the mobo has power so if the mobo led is on leave the mobo its self and the psu

ya cheack the connectors like evry one here is saying other than that it should go on (wear you go from there we shall see)

try just plugging in the power and reset leave the rest (only led's) untill yuo get it to boot

Back