• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need helpfull advice first time water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will put a 140.1 in the back of the case. the 120.2 could go on the front i would have to work around the HDD cage. there is room for it on the bottom as well

sorry for the spelling:( i was on my phone when I started this thread.
just for the record my first language was English and ASL (american sing language), but im not deaf.

this is my current rig.

Is your top 140 or 120's?

I would do 360 (120.3) there first then 240 on bottom/front. That gives you 4 areas vs 3.1. To be honest I ran 1-360mm with a gtx 680 and a fx 8120 and it ran pretty decent in low rpms then I switched GPU to 290 temps increased a couple degrees, then added another card then it increased around 10 degrees added a 120 it lowered 2 degrees added a 240, havent tested yet lol.

But yeah a Ut60 or monsta might be nice in bottom i guess I wanted one of those but there was a ST 30 on sale so i grabbed that one instead.

got 4 sp120 fans and the st30 for $70 saved around 30 bucks since the rad new is approx $53.00 and the FAns (when o nsale) are $28.00 a pack

so: thats 109.00 + shipping
then you have to add $9.00 shipping so 118.00 vs $70 and the rad was like new until it fell on my hands.... lol

sorry for the spelling:( i was on my phone when I started this thread.
just for the record my first language was English and ASL (american sing language), but im not deaf.

this is my current rig.

Ack, sorry. No offense intended. Definitely take some time to read and understand the stickies. There's no reason to rush into this. It took me multiple months of planning (in my very limited free time) before I ordered any WC gear.

Not sure how much you want to overclock.. but if you aren't doing anything crazy you should just save your self time and get a Antec 920 or anything that has two 120mm fans that comes with it.. you don't have to bother with a resistor or anything like that which requires maintenance.

Is your top 140 or 120's?

I would do 360 (120.3) there first then 240 on bottom/front. That gives you 4 areas vs 3.1. To be honest I ran 1-360mm with a gtx 680 and a fx 8120 and it ran pretty decent in low rpms then I switched GPU to 290 temps increased a couple degrees, then added another card then it increased around 10 degrees added a 120 it lowered 2 degrees added a 240, havent tested yet lol.l

The top fans are 120s.
i will opt for the 360 45mm for the top.
the 240 will be for the front most likely .
what was the average temperature for you gtx 680 ( its very similar to my 770 classy.) what type pump do you have (if you don't mind me asking)

Not sure how much you want to overclock.. but if you aren't doing anything crazy you should just save your self time and get a Antec 920 or anything that has two 120mm fans that comes with it.. you don't have to bother with a resistor or anything like that which requires maintenance.

the CPU wont have to much of an over clock most likely 4.2 -4.3 Ghz. that could change after i get everything setup in the next few months.

the graphics card on the other hand i want to get the most that i can get out of it. in stead of having the h100 and a separate loop just for graphics. I'am trying to figure out the best way to incorporate both.

I'am OCD when it comes to doing maintenance :thup:

-

Back