• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kashimi

Registered
I am about to put together my first enthusiast grade build (its the one in my signature) and I am not sure what to do about my monitor.

Right now I have a QNIX QX2710 glossy monitor, and I really like it. The problem is I think that it may be bottlenecking the 1080ti I'm about to be using. It's a 1440p IPS panel but it's super glossy and looks ultra nice with colors. In a perfect world, they would have made a new model with the same set up but a 144Hz refresh rate.

Should I be getting a new monitor to match the GPU? I can't find a glossy monitor for sale that's new in box, and I also can't seem to find a semi-glossy 1440p with 144Hz that looks great for under $500

Gotta pay to play at 2560x1440 IPS 144Hz bud. :)

Just crank the eye candy and enjoy is my take...or spend the money for a proper panel...

Im also not a fan of glossy either...too many reflections.

If you can't afford to buy a 144Hz 1440p panel, I'd sell the 1080Ti (or return it) and get a 1070Ti, or a 1080.

What should I be expecting to pay for a well rounded 1440p 144hz monitor?

Love my Acer Predator.. it was 600. Can probably find one for a bit less, but around there gice or take. Check newegg out amd use the filters. :)

Back