• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help making a choice for 1 Gig sticks of PC4000 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Grrr....newegg doesn't have the 1 gig stick of Mushkin anymore, and the price at mushkins website is substantially more then at newegg! AHH!! I don't have patience for this kind of thing, should I get the g.skill? If I don't order tonight, it won't be shipped out tomorrow, and it will take even longer!

soundfx4 said:
Grrr....newegg doesn't have the 1 gig stick of Mushkin anymore, and the price at mushkins website is substantially more then at newegg! AHH!! I don't have patience for this kind of thing, should I get the g.skill? If I don't order tonight, it won't be shipped out tomorrow, and it will take even longer!

bah!, nevermind, I'll just look for somewhere else to buy this memory, because I really want the mushkin.

Well, I ordered the 2 gig pack of mushkin because I have no patience. Since it has a 30 dollar rebate, I got overnight shipping and it will be here tomorrow. I only wish newegg didn't pull the 1 gig stick! grrr!!! Anyway, I can't wait to see how my system runs with 2 gigs, even though it would have been nice to see 3 gigs. I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

Sorry I know I am a little late on this reply, but that mem is avail at Monarch as well. Link

Good luck, if you have any questions, post em here. :)

EDIT: looks like in stock at egg again too, you are talking about the 991483 right?

Eldonko said:
Sorry I know I am a little late on this reply, but that mem is avail at Monarch as well. Link

Good luck, if you have any questions, post em here. :)

hah, it's np. I ended up ordering the 2 gig pack from newegg, I got it last week I believe. The only thing is I wanted to order the 1 gig stick that newegg had as well for 3 gigs total. But since I couldn't order the 1 gig when I ordered the 2 gigs, I probably will never get the other gig. :(

EDIT: looks like in stock at egg again too, you are talking about the 991483 right?

That's one of the ones I was talking about. Newegg HAD the 2 x 1GB pack, and the 1GB stick, and I was going to order both, but newegg pulled the 1 gig pack for some reason. It was the exact same ram, just one was a 2 gig pack, and the other a 1 gig pack. :bang head

Sweet! It's a 40 dollar rebate now, lol. And it's the same part numbers, so I should be able to claim it! :santa:

Stay with the 2GB kit, that way you know you are getting a set that have been tested together at DDR500 speeds and are from the same production lot.

Sniper.nkc said:
Stay with the 2GB kit, that way you know you are getting a set that have been tested together at DDR500 speeds and are from the same production lot.

I would, but I can't really do that. My system only supports 3 gigs, so buying another 2 gig pack would probably be a waist. But then again, you can never have too much spare ram. :D

I am a bit late to this thread, but I stayed away from those others listed for tighter timings. Some of those Mushkins are sloppy and loose compared to what I have got out of my OCZ Plat EB PC4000 ram.

Its advertised 3-3-2-8 250MHZ.

I have them currently running 3-3-2-7 at 1T and 255MHZ at only 2.6 Vdimm. Nice and tight and reliable, so it gets a thumbs up from me. I just started tinkering with my overall overclock, so I expect there is more to come from these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227224

Surfrider77 said:
I am a bit late to this thread, but I stayed away from those others listed for tighter timings. Some of those Mushkins are sloppy and loose compared to what I have got out of my OCZ Plat EB PC4000 ram.

Its advertised 3-3-2-8 250MHZ.

I have them currently running 3-3-2-7 at 1T and 255MHZ at only 2.6 Vdimm. Nice and tight and reliable, so it gets a thumbs up from me. I just started tinkering with my overall overclock, so I expect there is more to come from these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227224
Apples and oranges comparison. The OCZ uses CE-6, the xp4000 UCCC. Mushkin Redline XP4000 is the equivalent to the EB. :)

I wasnt trying to directly compare really. I meant it more as a suggestion, as the OP asked for opinions on whats worked for others.

Thats all. :)

Back