• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nolukjustskil

Ok so I have 2 r9 390s in crossfire. As everyone knows these things really cool :p lol. I need to know if the kraken g10 will work and if not then some tips on water cooling these fire monsters.
Specs
Cpu: I5 6500 WC CORSAIR Hydro h75
Psu: XFX ProSeries 1000 watts
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme6
Gpu's: http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=14-150-729
Budget is around 300. But I can buy by parts so budget can go a little higher

Did you look to see if full cover blocks are made for your GPU?

I wouldn't use an AIO because it doesn't cool the VRM on the card well at all.

I would just run a custom loop for them. Get you a nice radiator from xscp or alphacool, a d5 pump and res combo (xspc makes a nice one), some comoression fittings, and gpu blocks. It might be just a little bit more than your budget but will be well worth it. If you want color get colored tubing and do not use dyes. They will clog up your system and discolor the tubing. Also get a kill coil or some pt nuke. And use distilled water for your coolant. Make sure you read all the beginners guides and take your time most importantly. Each piece will need cleaned before installation to keep the loop clean. Also get you a few noctua pwm fans and call it a day on your radiator. Good luck and have fun. If you have any more questions just ask.

There are no full cover blocks for that card, ask me how I know lol. I can link you to a thread on another forum where another member and I, and a rep from XFX go through the hassle. So you will be looking to universal blocks and then heat sinks for the VRM.

EK is suppose to very soon release full cover blocks for the MSI 390/390X but aside from that it's a crap shoot. I will say XFX has great CS and they even let me remove the stock cooler to send pics to EK etc and still return the GPU for a refund :thup:

I believe you... I just stated I was surprised because it looks like it is reference.

I was surprised too when I bought the GPU back then thinking the same thing lol.....especially with EK listing my GPU in their configurator when it was not compatible lol

Back