• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with drivers for ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scottw182

Registered
I just got this board. It has the AMD 785G chipset and ATI Radeon HD 4200 onboard graphics. What all drivers do I need to download? I thought I would just install the 785G chipset drivers and that would include the video drivers, but I'm starting to think I'll need to install separate video drivers.

I couldn't find the 785G chipset drivers on AMD's website, it's just not listed when I go to downloads and then chipsets/motherboards. I checked ASUS and they only have 1 version: AMD Chipset Driver V1.3.0.49 for Windows Vista 32bit/64bit & Windows 7 32bit/64bit--(WHQL). Is that the latest version?

Next, for the Radeon HD 4200 drivers, I checked ATI's website. They have version 9.9, but it says all of their Windows 7 drivers are for 7 Beta, and that you should refer to your manufacturer's website. Again, I checked ASUS and they have 3 versions. The latest is: AMD VGA Driver V8.660.0.0 for Windows XP 32bit/64bit & Vista 32bit/64bit/ & Windows 7 32bit/64bit. Is that the latest version?

So, should I just go with the drivers on ASUS's website, or am I missing something here?

I've always trusted ASUS to get it right when it comes to drivers for their motherboards. I haven't been disappointed yet. Just download and install the latest driver on the ASUS page for each component. I always start by installing the chipset driver first followed by video. After that it usually doesn't matter too much in what order you install them ... :)

Thanks, I'll do that then. With the last Motherboard I had, ASUS never had the latest chipset drivers, audio drivers, etc. I always had to go to the specific website and download the latest ones. It just seemed weird how things were going this time so I thought maybe I was just missing something.

Back