• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some peltier help please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gary

I am looking into getting a peltier. I have a duron 600, A7V, alpha6035 w/27cfm fan. Leufken's kit for my setup has a 84watt peltier i think. anyways with only the 27cfm fan well it be good enough to cool it and keep it cool. now i have it at 49C under load at 960Mhz, but it is winter and when summer rolls around i know it is going to get above 50C. so would this setup keep me below what temps i have now? also i have a 300W supply, is that enough for that peltier and my puter?

thanks alot guys, i have no clue about peltiers

Gary// IMHO I would have to say No, the fan dosn't have enuff Ooomph to push the amount of heat away of which you ask it.

84W pelt and the heat from your duron is a bit pushin it... i imagine your HS is a bit toasty. i didn't go that high until i had water cooling. even a 72W pelt on a k6II/500 (my last hsf set up) was kinda mean to my old alpha/y.s. tech combo. water cooling... can't recommend it enough. in either event, i would recommend getting a seperate power supply for your peltier. as a matter of fact, i would reccomend wiring your hsf externally as well. i found my best temps came after having the peltier on for about 5mins before turning the system on. easier to keep a system cool, than to cool it down.

Snuffleuppigus (Senior Member) (Dec 20, 2000 08:01 p.m.):
84W pelt and the heat from your duron is a bit pushin it... i imagine your HS is a bit toasty. i didn't go that high until i had water cooling. even a 72W pelt on a k6II/500 (my last hsf set up) was kinda mean to my old alpha/y.s. tech combo. water cooling... can't recommend it enough. in either event, i would recommend getting a seperate power supply for your peltier. as a matter of fact, i would reccomend wiring your hsf externally as well. i found my best temps came after having the peltier on for about 5mins before turning the system on. easier to keep a system cool, than to cool it down.
As always. . . . . My man Snuff speaks only the truth. I also highly recomend water cooling, even if you don't throw a TEC in there. 8)

Back