• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Suggestions On My Loop(s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looking for a second opinion...

radiator = HW SR1 120
Fans = 800rpm Scythe push/pull configuration with shrouds

will this be sufficient enough to cool the nb/sb/mosfets and 4 sticks of ddr3?

this is the last thing that is boggling me... besides that i think i have everything else planned out...

Awesome ... thank you for the response and reassurance... lol i've been searching for answers all night at work...

i've decided to update my old lian li pc-70 to a mm extended accession cyo

my loops will be

CPU:
res>pump>240rad>cpu

GPU:
res>pump>360rad>gpu>gpu

NB/SB/Mosfets/RAM:
res>pump>120rad>mb full block>ram blocks

HDD:
res>pump>120rad>hdd>hdd>hdd

4 loops? What about putting the HDD's together with the Mobo/RAm stuff? Or is that to much for one pump?

really not sure... but since i have the extra pump i figure i split the loop... and i'm not sure if stacking the two pumps through the res will actually combine the two... the whole thing wasn't really planned out to well and i was buying parts before really committing to how it all was going to be hooked up

Pumps in parellel through the res makes one big loop, water mixes. It also has a flow problem. You have so much flow in the res the water never settes down, thus you always have bubbles, air pockets etc. If you have an extra pump you don't need, save it or put it in the CPU loop in series.

We need a Skinnee review on this thing!!! It costs less than half what my 120.9 setup costs from HWLabs SR1 Black Ice!!:bang head

in the question/build thread for that con posted a bit about the magicools. They're really not fantastic rads, but if you're using them all together in a single loop that's reasonable (2 gpu's and a cpu, maybe a bit more) then the difference is nominal. As heatload increases the differences between the setups becomes more evident...just a rough summary.

12/11/10
Finalized The Loop... Plugged In Everything...
Reservoir>Pump>120.3 Rad>GPU>GPU>Reservoir>Pump>120.1 Rad>HDD>HDD>HDD>Reservoir>Pump>120.2 Rad>CPU>Reservoir>Pump>Memory x4>MB Full Block>Reservoir

Thank you everyone for your input... Everything Seems To Be Flowing Fine. I'm About 6 hours into leak testing... had a little leak coming from a BP 90deg Rotary Fitting.. Removed The Faulty Fitting And Reconfigured That Section... All Is Well So Far.

I know your supposed to top off everything... but what is too much? I got little to no air in my loop at the moment.

just keep the res/tline full and you'll be fine...you need to rotate the case and get all the bubbles out of everything, tap the side of the rad, pinch the tubing, etc, all the stuff in the sticky.

thanks :) i did all of the mentioned... everything is topped off.... and there is no more visible bubbles coming from anywhere... hehe... 7 hours into leak testing... guess i'll turn it off for now... going out for dinner... don't want it to spring a "big" leak while i'm gone... besides the immediate leak i found and fixed... all is well

I'll post pics when I get back home. It's gonna look like my comp is menstrating with all the tissue paper

Still Leak Testing... About 15hours In No Leaks Yet... Had To Top Off The Reservoir Literally Like 10 Drops Of Fluid. Guess There Was Some Hidden Bubbles Somewhere In The Loop.

Yeah I Know... The Wire Management Isn't Completed... Had It As Neat As I Was Willing To Make It Until I Took It Apart To Run Just The Pumps... Gonna Tweak On It After Leak Testing.

5257608484_81b5d0cf9b_b.jpg

5256998577_331d974012_b.jpg

5256996399_10520365cf_b.jpg

5256992045_777b6891bb_b.jpg

Ill eventually flush the coolant. Figured I give it a shot since I had some. Didn't use the whole bottle. Just about a 1/4 feaser blue and 3/4 distiller water. The TIM is still breaking in but my CPU temps is about 30c idle 48c load @3.8ghz stock voltage. Room temp is about 26c

It wasn't intentional. It just ended up like that. Lol I actually googled unobtanium. Thanks conundrum. I'll call her "Unobtanium Blue"
5259559480_dbe31d7abd_b.jpg

5258911039_90a5dbd32b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back