• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need* to upgrade due to a drooling yawn.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

so this happend

So now i need to upgrade. But for this upgrade, i want to be able to acheive 144fps in battlefield 4 at 1920x1080. at least as max fps.
I am also thinking of probably streaming or record game play.

The parts that i currently have are

Noctua NH-D14
MSI GAMING Geforce 1070
2TB WD BLACK + 128GB SSD in intel SRT combo
Corsair HX 750watt power supply
Corsair Crystal 570x with hd140 and hd120 fans all pwm.

For intel, I am looking at

Asrock Extreme4 Z270

Intel Core i5 7600k

G.skill Trident RGB

For AMD, I am looking at

Gigabyte Gaming K5

G.Skill Flarex

AMD Ryzen 1600x

What do you think? what should i pick?

Last edited:
What kind of fps were you getting in BF4 before?
Considering the numbers the 1070 pulls in BF1 I would think getting that in BF4 wouldn't be that hard.
Adding in streaming though could put a serious damper on things. Streaming on the same machine I'd want a 7700K or 1600x for sure.

Article with some stream builds and details:
http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/streaming#examples

With streaming you will want more threads. So Ryzen or 7700k. Not sure your 1070 will reach 144 fps though without lowering settings...

Yeah the 1070 won't reach 140+ FPS with everything cranked. Might get away with 100+ tho and again depending on title(s). A solid build either way.

So i would have to change the GPU to a 1080? what if i got a second 1070? or is sli still dieing?

^This.

I'd either keep the 1070 or grab a 1080Ti. IMO, the 1080 is not enough of an improvement tojustify the money, even including the resell value.

Really depends on your budget. If your going to OC you may as well get a 1600 and a better MB. If your not going to OC get a 1600x and a cheaper MB so you end up about the same price. A good 1700 or 7700K combo will cost you about $140 or so more.

Back