• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need your advice - Which pairing phone with device offer better productivity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

userwords

Need your advice - Which pairing phone with device offer better productivity Microsoft Apple Google for this tasks

Need advice from people that have first hand experience to answer this question

For the following tasks, by order of frequency:

Web browsing (for work). Website admin managing. Autofill for forms and user passwords. Also with lot of favorite making, ordering, and managing, web desktop shortcuts creation and filing, web saving as .mht or similiar, and also as print file, and as an image or picture snapshot. Preferably with mouse por fingers gestures or equivalent and super drag and drop link like feature ( drag and drop a link to anywhere you like and it will open in a new tab, preferably without taking you to the new tab). Managing different search engines from one place.

Dictation and Voice Recognition. Dictating long documents in any and all applications, and easy and straight forward use of voice commands to make the work faster when they help.

Managing lot of opened windows.

Managing ordering, lot of tiny files, mostly txt, pictures, spreadsheets.

Writing many text files, editing some source code from time to time, searching through long txt, make text replacements, search IN TEXT or IN FILE for a string of text in folders.

Spreadsheet creation and editing, like excel, or similar.

Image easy editing. Vectorial image easy editing.

I would appreciate some easy to use automation feature.

No gaming at all, No Movies, no entertainment in this pairing.

That should cover 99%.

Which pairing gives much more productivity, so as to get far more work done the fastest, anywhere, the easiest possible (intuitive, easy to use, and friendly software) with the least need to install or configure, and update, many different softwares:

Windows 10 Phone + Windows 10 2 in 1 (like lumia 650 + a surface pro or maybe a similar one from Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Hp, Dell)( I alswo want to know if you miss any feature in terms of compatibility between a windows phone and a 2 in 1 if the latter is not an original surface and instead is a surface wanabee from those other manufactures, in other words, if there is any propietary feature exclusive to microsoft surface, specially in terms of productivity, or easyness.

Google Nexus + Google Chromebook (like a Google Nexus x5 + Google Pixel C)

Apple Iphone + Apple Ipad Pro or Mac book ( im not familiar with apple)

Would you consider a better pairing of devices to get the aforementioned productivity higher make your suggestion, as mines are only rough ideas, as i try to grasp how the workflow on all this devices go.

Im lost in the voice side also after reading about cortana/Dragon Naturally, siri/Dragon Naturally and Google Voice Dictation (which apparently is still not avalable in cromebooks only in desktop version of chromeos or thats what ive read).

My impression is that chromeos is still far from this flexibility, as even managing multiple windows is not possible. I read about remix os but thats sounds like a poor reason to jump on it. On the other hand people talk about google voice dictation as the best one, and you have most needed apps on cloud and for free (although i dont like the cloud idea at all, but it looks that no matter which route u go you eat a cloud one way or another). Regarding apple it looks like the best one making all devices work toghether and including at no additional charge most of the software you will need to make all this work. I also heard lot of nices about Pages and Numbers, and lot of easyness in this side. Finally Windows is the most compatible, as far as you dont mind going after each one software, chosing them, buying them, then managing and trying to make it all work toghether in a single workflow. Also i have no idea if you get any advantage using a windows 10 phone along with a windows 10 2 in 1 next to using an android or apple phone with it.

Whats your expirience. Ive always being clustered inside Windows since the 3.1 + Dos.

Last edited:
I just use my HTC Desire (Android) and my Windows PC. Using Chrome on both machines syncs my favorites and open tabs (if I choose) between both devices.

As far as "pairing" devices, there's no perfect pair. I absolutely hate Windows Phone OS, so I don't consider Windows phones. I prefer Android over IOS simply because I like it better, but if you like IOS then an IPhone and Mac wouldn't be a bad investment. I don't see any advantage over a Windows machine and Android device, though.

I'm a little confused by your use of "pairing." I take it in the context that by "pairing" you mean "in combination with" as opposed to pairing as in a bluetooth device.

My only suggestion is that if you will be using the phone for a lot of work-related tasks get one with a large screen. And I would go with Android or Apple but I don't know if Apple makes a larger screen iPhone.

I am confused by your question...

I think at the spirit of what you are asking for, I use just a regular PC, an iPhone, and an iPad.

On all 3 I have DropBox installed. When I need to share data between them, I either use DropBox or I plug the USB cable into the PC to move data.

Additionally, I have the "File Manager" app installed on both the iPhone and iPad...which lets me store, view, retrieve, print, email, etc. data files.

Yeah what im talking is if for that kind of office and editorial work you get a faster and more seamless experience if using any of those three stacks, Apple Phone with Apple device, Windows phone with Windows device, Google phone with google device. I mean in terms of having out of the box all the software or as much as it can be to make all those taks without lurking indefinitely on market places or asking in forums where to find software to make some task, like voice recognition to name one. All in all is about, if you try do do the same tasks on each of the three, usually in which one will you make it faster. Like if you are in windows all office software are connected so it is easy to send files from one to another and to other windows devices. The same way ive heard is easy to go back anf roth from phone to desktop in apple working on both. I mean that kind of working enviroment optimization made by google, microsoft, apple to make it easier to get the job done.

Any smart phone can connect to any pc, regardless of whether their OSs are the same or similar. I connect my phone to my pc via Bluetooth, and transfer files that way.

Back