• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nehalem to be called Intel core i7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds more like a car name, I don't like it at all.

I've liked AMD's names as of late, too bad they are...yeah.

Yeah, I'm praying AMD can break off some speedy miracle CPUs to match their cool names soon...

I hope I win the lottery soon too....:bang head

I bet you they are sold to the fact that everything starts with an "i" is hip and sells, thanks to Apple :screwy:. ithis, ithat and now i7. 7 probably has to do something with the generation. There you go folks, mystery solved :beer:.

I bet you they are sold to the fact that everything starts with an "i" is hip and sells, thanks to Apple :screwy:. ithis, ithat and now i7. 7 probably has to do something with the generation. There you go folks, mystery solved :beer:.

good point, didn't think of that ;)

It's 2008 release, it should be i8 imo, that makes a bit of sense, but maybe that will be westmere?

I can't see how it could bve in reference to the 786..

Pentiums were the 586
Pentium Pro was 686
Pentium II was supposed 786 I thought..

Following that logic (totally guessing from here on out)

PIII would be 886
P4's Would be 986
C2D (or I guess pentium pentium :> ) would be 1086

Maybe the 7 is elite speak for a T... like iT or "Information technology" ? That's just way to lame to be true.

svirf

Back