• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero 6.6.0.12 Patch Anyone Got It Yet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Anyone downloaded the new patch for Nero 6 yet I'm having trouble downloading it but I've read some people on another forums saying it dosn't change anything more than V6.6.0.8 does.

There are a few bug fixes for the burning apps. Most of the noteable changes are in Record this time around. But hey if it isn't broken, don't fix it right? :)

Yep a good little saying to go by that I'm only having trouble finding the right media as my Optorite dosn't like TDK's instead of writing at 52x it only writes at 16x not even above that..

I installed it just because I like to keep things up to date. Before, whenever I started Recode 2, it would crash. Now it doesn't. Even though nothing about it is listed in the change log. Its probably something a reinstall would have fixed anyhow.

Nero said:
Version Number: 6.6.0.12
(Changes from Package #1, Version 6.6.0.8 ⇒ 6.6.0.12)

Release Date: April 7, 2005

Bug Fixes
  • Data DVD writing on a DVD-R DL medium was not working in some cases
  • The LightScribe label settings got lost whenever the user left the label editor to modify the compilation parameters
  • Editing the DPI parameters for a LightScribe label caused the application to terminate
  • The checkbox for writing a multisession disc was always disabled
  • Nero Express did not remember user settings for a LightScribe label.

Angelfire, you might look for a firmware update for media problem. Also try filemirrors.com to donwload it from. They always work for me whenever someone else's server is backed up.

I searched google and I found a website which pointed me to this website now it has the Firmware update I installed about 3 weeks ago [Windows] FW130E for Generic use.

And they now have the another update in fact 2 FW140I to FW140E & FW150I to FW150E.

UPDATE: I risked it I flashed to FW150E which said for OptoRite the FW150I said for Generic anyways I tested it on a TDK 52x CD-R I've got and it still burns at 16x. So what the update did I've no flamming guess???

Last edited:
I finally got the Nero 6 update installed ok no errors but the stupid thing put's a special offer upgrade on your desktop and if you delete it keeps putting a new shortcut in it's place. But I sorted it I don't click on Nero StartSmart I just use the Express shortcut instead stops the thing coming back up.

If something is not broken you dont need to fix it. Though you still should upgrade it. Any way no I havent done this. I have enterprise edition nero installed with the mega plugin pack. So for now I am good on updates.

Back