• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netdimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just joined earlier today. Instead of going through the 920 posts, do I just let it sit and it does its own thing or do I give it websites to go through?

Karbon said:
It does its own thing, by downloading a list of IPs to ping and traceroute
Ok, so its like all the others. Just saw the crawl URL thingy and didn't know if I should give it some random sites to search.

freakdiablo just passed 20k points Congrats! :beer:

Also we're going to pass XPC team in 1.7days from this post :attn:

We're at #12 which isn't bad but it could be better. We also have quite a threats list but the closest team, even while outproducing us by 93,000 points a day, still has 3 months before they catch us. Next closest team is around 2 years.

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dimes&team=www.OCForums.com

If I wasn't on vista and at school I would fire up a bunch of clients, but those days are over.

I flipped on a bunch of mine again. I had major problems with one of the clients and never uninstalled it. Maybe I'll pass you now Karbon?? ;)

I don't know whats wrong with me...something about being psycho for points. Anyway, this weekend I'll be putting up a lot of agents. I'll start with 10 and see what happens from there.

If I switch from vista x64 to xp x86 I'm hoping to run 24 VMs.

Yeah, I thought there was something wrong when my data wasn't being sent back to dimes. I thought my school was somehow blocking it or screwing it up somehow, at least it's good to know it's not just me.

Name Rank Score Daily Gain Days to Barbecue
karbon 3 5,701,284 22,725 45.2
Rpkole 2 9,125,830 5,965 278.8
sno.lcn 1 17,476,426 14,022 913.0

looks like trouble for you guys!! see ya in 3yrs at #1 :)

A few years ago I made a VM image with a readme called dslreadme.txt IIRC. Does anyone still have it? I'm thinking about firing up a bunch of VMs again, but don't entirely remember the steps I did. I could probably figure it out though if no one has it.

I could run 24 VMs on a p4 w/ 1gb ram...I wonder what an [email protected] with 2gb ram can do.

sorry man. I'll see if I can't re-up on Dimes again. I dont' remember any of my login info, though. I've never done the linux install, and i'm running ubuntu 8.04 now (have been linux for about 6 months now). If it's easier to do vm's of it, can someone show again how to do it? I've got virtual box installed on my system with a winxp loadout, but I can download and get vmware running if need be.

See if the dos shell can handle it. dosbox is so much easier to use. Not much can use it though.

I did a slight search on netdimes and dosbox, and found a few hits. Dosbox is easier to run and much lighter. You could in theory spawn more events and not suck up all your RAM.

Back