• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netdimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
guys... my machines have been off since saturday and won't be on till wednesday evening. So... we are missing that production...

Dipped my toe in about a week ago, and am really liking the project :) It's cool that something other than my idle time (which is quite non-existant :D) can be used for a project. I just need to find some more machine to stick it on....

JigPu

I have it on all 3 home machines. You don't need many machines to get a lot of points. Having faster broadband helps, as you generally get more 'oomph' to help out with the project.

Hmm, I just realized my family rig might not be working, it's been sitting @ 1599 (or somehting) points...I wish there was a better way to track points, hopefully that will come out soon, as well as the Service client :D

jcw122 said:
I wish there was a better way to track points, hopefully that will come out soon, as well as the Service client :D

Well, you can rely on third party stats sites like this in order to keep track of your hourly agent output. Each machine is listed and if you see a couple of updates in a row with goose eggs, then you know the agent probably quit on you or your network connection got borked. Hope all is better for you THF, and that you can get your agents back online soon. We're having fun keeping you guys right in the rearview mirror. Y'all were pretty close to passing on Saturday, but the reserves were called up for duty. :burn:

I think the China team just passed us somehow. This might turn into me borging everything in sight like FAH.

*Edit: Nevermind, we're back ahead of them :p

Last edited:
Rig 2 is back up :D

Macaholic said:
Well, you can rely on third party stats sites like this in order to keep track of your hourly agent output. Each machine is listed and if you see a couple of updates in a row with goose eggs, then you know the agent probably quit on you or your network connection got borked. Hope all is better for you THF, and that you can get your agents back online soon. We're having fun keeping you guys right in the rearview mirror. Y'all were pretty close to passing on Saturday, but the reserves were called up for duty. :burn:

Thanks Mac! That helped

EDIT: apparently there are still some bugs in that site...like this http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dimes&team=Crunchers+Inc their numbers (Points per day) do not add up to 4 million...not even close.

Last edited:
JOINED UP!!

i might actually get my spare tbird rig running for folding and this.. just don't feel like installing linux :(

basically it's unplugging my monitor that i do'nt want.. w/e :D

electrorcamd said:
I joined as well.
I'm having some problems right now with the client on my main rig (Linux) but I think I might have it working now.

Yeah I saw you as "New!" on the unoffical stats page (the one Macaholic linked above), good to know your working them out!

hm I already have 3 pc's on the same .edu network... would more even help? I'm thinking of taking a trip to the library and borging the few hundred in there.... LOL. wish they had a service install :(

i get ruthless when it comes to these competitions... why i stayed outta folding :D

LOL. don't OVER-borg with netdimes. Remember, if you suddenly get a TON of pings/traceroutes coming from 1 spot (say, a campus connection), then ISP's get suspicious.

TollhouseFrank said:
LOL. don't OVER-borg with netdimes. Remember, if you suddenly get a TON of pings/traceroutes coming from 1 spot (say, a campus connection), then ISP's get suspicious.

Yeah, and don't borg up Schools and Libraries, because most times they don't have that kind of extra bandwidth to use, and DIMES would prolly have the potential to really slow down their network, I know my school's network is very slow.

I'll add, that I haven't talked to Frank about it yet, but were still unsure of the advantages/disadvantages of having two or more computers behind one internet connection, and both having DIMES running. Yuriman brought up the thought, and he made a thread in the DIMES forums, here's a link (I haven't looked yet): http://www.netdimes.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3091#3091

Last edited:
I've added more and more computers on the same network, I cant say the scores have gone up times x computers....but its gone up.....definately more than one....
yep...

** http://www.netdimes.org/data.php?getAll=GroupsByMeas ** -correct stats, other site has problems for now.

Were closing the gap with Team Mac OSX guys!! Yesterday (actually this morning too) they were 100,000 or so ahead of us, but now were just 10,000* away from them! We also put out more measurements today than them, by about 20,000 measurements so far!

Pull guys!

*EDIT: the site I was seeing those stats from has team totals errors...even says it on the news...I checked the official stats, and we are MUCH closer!

Last edited:
I'll update my first post in this thread with all relevant links in a day or so. I'm just now getting back home and have a dozne and a million other things to get taken care of.

Back