• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

network drives and user accounts question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommie

I'm running two windows 7 machines. One is an internet system with a small hard drive, so for my utorrent downloads, they're being saved to a network drive on the gaming system. Now, basically I need to either switch between two user accounts, or log out of one and into the other. Is it possible to do this without utorrent on the internet system losing the connection to the network drive that's in the gaming system?

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. Are you saying that you want utorrent to keep running if you log off from one user and log on to another user on the same machine? If so, and if both users have write permissions to the network resource, you can install utorrent as a service and manage it using the webUI. That might achieve what you are looking for.

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. Are you saying that you want utorrent to keep running if you log off from one user and log on to another user on the same machine? If so, and if both users have write permissions to the network resource, you can install utorrent as a service and manage it using the webUI. That might achieve what you are looking for.

Keeping utorrent running isn't an issue, as it's being run on another computer. The problem is that my downloads are saved to a hard drive in another system (network share) that needs to be able to be logged into/out of. Will utorrent data that's being written to the system with the network share be interrupted if the system is being logged into or out of? Or with "switch user"?

Back