• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Never did I think it would be this hard to find a certain case thread, help plz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1MoreMinute

Registered
OK I just must have spent the last 2+ hours looking all over the net looking for a case, think I'm getting kind of picky. :bang head

Anyways, I want a case thats going to show off my hard work, so Id like a large window on the side, without a huge fan blocking it. I will be also adding a dual drive touch screen fan controller etc to the front so don't really want a front door kind of deal.

Maybe I am missing some brands that I don't know about as I have been out of the game since 03. I cannot see how I could have missed some with all the searching I did but I figured Id try this thread as a last resort option! Many of you guys have some nice rigs and prob know of a on line place I missed.

Thanks in advance for all the help I will hopefully receive! :grouphug:

Personally I think 90% of all cases out right now are what you don't want and imo ugly as sin. I can't stand the mesh side panels and huge pointless fans in my cases. My past couple have been server cases that I cut my own windows into using the window kits sold at places like frozencpu and Performance PCs. One option is to look at the older Lian Li styles. You usually have to buy the window panels separate but they still have that clean aluminum look and clear windows and not all that ridiculous plastic on them. Some of the Corsair cases are clean looking as well but cost a fortune.

Personally I think 90% of all cases out right now are what you don't want and imo ugly as sin. I can't stand the mesh side panels and huge pointless fans in my cases. My past couple have been server cases that I cut my own windows into using the window kits sold at places like frozencpu and Performance PCs. One option is to look at the older Lian Li styles. You usually have to buy the window panels separate but they still have that clean aluminum look and clear windows and not all that ridiculous plastic on them. Some of the Corsair cases are clean looking as well but cost a fortune.

Out of my hours of searching not one suggestion from Google gave me frozencpu, and I totally forgot about that place. Thanks for that. I am looking now and will also look into cutting my own. I have the ability and the tools to do that so no biggie if I need to. But yes my thoughts are just like yours! Thanks again! :thup:

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, NZXT Switch 810? I checked e bay and theres only a white one on there and haven't had any luck with other places. Thanks

Thanks Dev\goat for your suggestion.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, NZXT Switch 810? I checked e bay and theres only a white one on there and haven't had any luck with other places. Thanks

Thanks Dev\goat for your suggestion.

It's new and not out yet. Someone whose name I don't recall said in a different thread that it's expected to be in stores by Feb. 10th.

It's new and not out yet. Someone whose name I don't recall said in a different thread that it's expected to be in stores by Feb. 10th.

OK, thanks for the info.

Still cannot decide, I did decide that I am no doubt going water cooled, just makes it look so dangerously cool :shock: .

I'm thinking the case we are talking about would be a good case to house the water cooling equipment? Or is there a good one that doesn't cost alot thats out now? Still learning and doing a ton of research guys so please continue to bare with me.

Thanks

To be honest, i think the Corsair 800d is really good for water cooling, in fact i think its one of the best cases ever made

To be honest, i think the Corsair 800d is really good for water cooling, in fact i think its one of the best cases ever made

Then general consensus is that the 800D is the case to go with for water cooling.

That said, the Switch 810 looks to be really close to the 800D quality for a good $70-80 less.

Its hard to say because corsair have a really good front swap system vs the Switch, and to take off the front and back overs, its a button, not a thumb screw, I sat that case is up there with the big boys but the metal is a tad thinner. I love the top of the 810 case, makes it easy to put in a res with fans.

Well...... I like both the 810 and the 800D. I also like the fact that the 810 is cheaper. I guess Ill have to choose between the two. I have dremels and all types of tools as I own a small Home Improvement Co. So I have the skills and the tools if I need to mod something.

This is tougher than picking the hardware and naming my son before he was born!! lol....

whatever choice you make, it will be good from the 2 cases. just go with the cheaper one if money is a issue.

Corsair 650D or 600T window version are two other options (owning the 650d though I now think I should have gotten the 600t). I like the Raven though..

The nzxt 810 looks like a good choice for you though.. I'd go with that simply because it'll be new. The 800D has been done to death with water cooling builds and mods. :p

Yeah but there's a reasoning why people picked the 800d for watercooling and why its been used alot

Its not much of a money issue really, if I save on a case a little I will put that into something else for the computer. Ill see if I can wait till Feb 10th till the 810 comes out, that is if its released on time. Its more of me wanting to get started on this whole thing. I wish I had 100 posts so I can see the for sale section! lol Theres probably things in there that I would buy! Ill get there eventually. I also still need to continue researching things so I don't impulse buy and than cant use whatever it is I bought, like I did with MW3 that has caused me now to build a computer! And my wife already knows its going to be crazy, I can never do anything simple, I always over due things! Sometimes its a good thing and sometimes not so much!

Back