• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 1700 DLT3C Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
I have been running a 1700 DLT3C JIUHB0307VPMW for a while now. For some reason I couldn't get my FSB stable over 203Mhz for a long time, so I left the overclock at 200x12.5 (2505Mhz). Well today I had nothing to do so I decided to tamper with it once again to see if anything beneficial would come out of it. I set the timings to 8-2-2-2, and the vdimm to 2.9v and the chipset voltage to 1.7v. I put the vcore at 1.875v (1.82v actual voltage), and lowere the multiplier to 5. I then tried to get the computer to boot with a 217Mhz FSB which is what my PC3500 is rated to run at. It booted up fine, so I ran memtest86 to see if it was stable or not. Memtest ran for about 3hrs and had no problems, so I decided to play with the multiplier to see how far the CPU could go with the FSB so high. I got it to run at 217x11.5 a total of 2496Mhz for 5hrs in Prime totally stable. So I sacrificed some overall Mhz for the extra FSB, but this is the highest I have ever gotten the memory to run on my system. Hopefully in the next couple days I will get it a little higher...I'll keep you all posted. ;)

Just to chime in, I've gotten 227x11=2497 myself. I'll test 228 sometime later. Try changing it to 8-3-3-2, or even 8-5-5-2, just for fun. I've found that the optimal is 6-3-3-2, its seems to give the best overclock and performance.

When I set the board to optimal it gave me timings of 9-3-3-2.5. That was a little extreme, so I set them back to 8-2-2-2. I am going to try to get to 220Mhz or 225Mhz with those timings, but if it will not work I will try 8-3-3-2 or even 8-3-3-2.5 if I have to. Thanks for the input. ;)

Right now I am using an SLK800 with a TT SF2. I am still getting temps in the high 40's at load though...which is disappointing. My watercooling will be set up soon though...:p.

altec said:
Right now I am using an SLK800 with a TT SF2. I am still getting temps in the high 40's at load though...which is disappointing. My watercooling will be set up soon though...:p.

What water block are you getting? White water or cascade or ...

The D-tek WW...I dont think it has shipped out yet though. Hopefully I will get it sometime next week.

I'm using watercooling, but I've got a rather bad 1700+ stepping, so most can duplicate what I can on air.

I will try 8-3-3-2 or even 8-3-3-2.5 if I have to.
I can say that my system runs stable as a rock at 8-3-3-2.5 and 231mhz. Personally, I don't think that CL2.5 is actually bad at all. I've only tried Sandra, and having it at 2.5 slightly compromised bandwidth efficiency, but the gain in speed outdid the losses. My friend had to switch from CL2 to CL2.5 when adding another stick in dual channel to keep his former speed. Running at CL2.5 was by far a better option than reducing the overclock in his. There were absolutely no loss in performance whatsover; I'm pretty sure Sandra actually gained some from the dual channel, and 3DMark03 was unaffected. If you want to see some insane memory speeds, it may be the way to go ;).

Have you tried 11 3 3 2 ? funny thing I get about 50 more bandwidth point's when changing from 5 3 3 2 to 11 3 3 2. Also have you thought about vdd moding your nf7-s because that will be the 1st mod that I will be doing to my board 2nd will be cooling mosfet NB and SB. I will also be using a 2100 and 1700 along with buffalo ram and hyperx3500 so I'am hoping for 225DC or 230 sc and I will be a happy camper.

DEo you have any guides for the vdd mod? I may look into it...but I dont have too much knowledge of elcectricity or much modding skill, so I may do it down the road a bit.

Alrighty, thanks for the link jopnspd. I will also try the 11-3-3-2 when I am trying to get to the 220Mhz - 225Mhz FSB range. ;)

Got bored outta my skull today, so I decided to try to get the FSB a little higher again. I could not get it to run stable in prime with a 120Mhz FSB no matter what timings I used. I tried 11-3-3-2, 11-2-2-2, 8-3-3-2, 7-3-3-2, 9-3-3-2, and 9-2-2-2. I have the vdd and the vdimm set to the highest that the board will allow, and it was still no go. Any suggestions on hitting 220Mhz or 225Mhz? I may have just hit the wall. :p

You may need to close the 3rd contact on the L12 bridge so your board will see your chip as a 166 cpu to run a higher fsb. The original ver 1 boards worked great with 133 fsb chips but 166 chips had trouble running high fsb. Now with the ver 2 boards it is the opposite.

Thanks again for the links jonspd.

That is a very interesting little trick that you have found there. I will look into doing it, but should I be blowing or connecting the 3rd L12? I am using a 1700 (Duh) with a stock FSB of 266Mhz.

connecting them

But you need to make sure you 1700 will run @ default voltage with a fsb of 166 instead of 133.

Back