• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New additions to the farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just shoot

The race is on to 2 gig. My 8k3a and 8kha just arrived from newegg today and Via Aqua 1300 from becooling I've booted to dos at 1900 (xp1600) 190 fsb 1.85 vcore and 2.7 on ram with the 8k3a and have yet to do any playing or tweaking. I'm loading the OS (win2k) at the moment and if all goes well there will be a nice addition to the farm tonight. I should have the 8kha running tomorrow, I still need a video card but staples is right up the road.

I can't stand it the excitement is killing me.LOL
"SCotty I need more power I need all ya got" LOL

New toys are just so much fun.

All you guys getting up to 2ghz and I'm way down here at 1.8 :(
I'm jealous.

Maybe I can trade my car for an XP1600 or two.........NOT!!!

Congrats on the rigs, man and good luck with the Race for 2Gigs!

I've got to see what my 1600+ AGOIA can do. I've got a faulty board that won't post when I try to change the core voltage. Right now it's at 1700 at default core. Once I get this board swapped I'll see what it can do.

Ok looks like Just Shoot has laided out the challenge. My 2 8KHA+ boards showed up today as well. First one to post a screen shot on the forums of thier CPU at 2ghz has to cruch for the other guy for a week. :D

{PMS}fishy said:
Ok looks like Just Shoot has laided out the challenge. My 2 8KHA+ boards showed up today as well. First one to post a screen shot on the forums of thier CPU at 2ghz has to cruch for the other guy for a week. :D

Now THAT is seriously throwing down the gauntlet man!!!!!!! :D

This oughtta be good;)

{PMS}fishy said:

Don't kill your chips over this guys! LOL.

{PMS}fishy said:
If a post is all you want thats easy enough. If it has to boot windows well thats a challenge thats going to take some doing but I think I will take you up on it lets go.

Alright then. First one to boot windows and get a screen shot wins. I wansn't serious about crunchin for a week. We can figure somethign out Im sure.

If you win or lose, you crunch under my name! :D

Man you know how impossible 2gigs is going to be? Can I be part of the racing :)

Yodums said:
Man you know how impossible 2gigs is going to be? Can I be part of the racing :)
REally not that impossible I'm posting now at 2075 but not making windows so out comes the peltier and alittle more juice. LOL

Watch out: I think Yodi is trying to sandbag you...........:)

I know I won't be hitting 2gig with mine :(, but I'm still trying to beat you guys at bench WU times, with a slower OC :beer:

Just Shoot and {pms}fishy:
Start your cpus!!

(and I want to hear them SCREAM!) :burn:

Wait Yodums, didn't you trade for a p4 set-up. Well if you did then I guess that you have to race to 3ghz for equal speed. Good luck.

Fishy If were going to do this lets make it alittle more interesting. Not only does it have to post but it has to complete 1 wu. Which I think should be the bench. Reason why because at 2 gig no matter what the FSB or Multiplier its going to be fastter then the fastest athlon at present.

First to achieve this wins and loser and all others crunch for winner for one week. Are ya game for alittle challenge and Fishy I'm not joking. If your game its on, if not well I'm still up for a little race just for the fastest XP BENCH. Later

Last edited:
Just shoot said:
Fishy If were going to do this lets make it alittle more interesting. Not only does it have to post but it has to complete 1 wu. Which I think should be the bench. Reason why because at 2 gig no matter what the FSB or Multiplier its going to be fastter then the fastest athlon at present.

First to achieve this wins and loser and all others crunch for winner for one week. Are ya game for alittle challenge and Fishy I'm not joking. If your game its on, if not well I'm still up for a little race just for the fastest XP BENCH. Later

Oh man, Im going to have to back down. Im going on vacation next week. Well not really vacation, but Ill be out racing Mountian Bikes at Mount Snow in Vermont. Ill have to pass this time. Lets see about getting some faster than P4 times in the bench anyways.

This is just a update of where I'm at on the race to 2 gig. I'm presently at 1950 100% stable running for 24 hrs crunching with 177 FSB X 11 with turbo memory timings. At 1992 not 100% stable It will post at 2002 but locks in win2k when cpu temp hits 49'C , It will post as high as 177 X 12 but gets a error of corrupt or missing ntkernal.
I've found that 177 with turbo memory timings with 3 volts is the max. more voltage didn't help. I decided to stay with 177 because of the issue above but also using sandra memory bandwith there appears to be a sweet spot. I've tested three processors xp1600 and xp2000 both agoia "y" stepping and they OC exactly the same, with the same FSB and Multiplier. As for the xp1800 stepping agoga well lets not even discuss this because its a POS compared to the other two.

I'm at a crossroads if I run ice in the water it will run above 2 gig but its just not practicle. So do I buy a peltier with maze 3-1 and push for the limit or do I make use of the extra MOBO and make another cruncher need CPU and memory. I think I'll go for the later mainly because of the output obtained. As promised I will post screen shots of over 2 gig when I get home ( cpuid and MBM )and will run the bench at present speed and setup along with relaxed memory timings with even higher FSB hopefully over 200 FSB. I was looking through the setiqueue this morning and noticed a wu at .417 that completed in 2 hrs 50 min which puts it at 2.84 but proof will be in the pudding. Later Just Shoot

Back