• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new amd cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoninX91

Registered
Does anyone know where i can get info on new upcoming amd cpu's? I know the new apu's are out but im planning on running 2x 7970's in crossfire. It seems that getting different gpu's would ruin the reason of the apu.

There isn't anywhere that actually knows that can legally tell you.

If anybody releases data they're either guessing because they haven't signed a NDA with AMD and hence AMD hasn't told them, or they're breaking the NDA contract and will likely get sued into oblivion.

O alright but would running 7970's in crossfire bottleneck the a10 trinity or even kill it?

Kill? No.
Will you get the same performance in benchmarks with the A10 as a 3570k? Almost certainly not.

I don't see any reason to spend most of a grand on GPUs and then cheap out on the CPU, personally.

My future personal rig is i7 3770k (in the making) but the client is strictly amd

It looks like in gaming the 8150 wins on average, though in less CPU limited titles it's only a tiny bit faster.
If this is a gaming rig that actually needs two 7970s it's probably worthwhile to go to a 8120 at least. Assuming that the client absolutely cannot be swayed from AMD anyway.

Does anyone know where i can get info on new upcoming amd cpu's? I know the new apu's are out but im planning on running 2x 7970's in crossfire. It seems that getting different gpu's would ruin the reason of the apu.

If you are dropping the jing to have 2x7970 you have a screw loose if you go with an AMD system. Seriously. :facepalm:

And this is coming from a die-hard AMD supporter.

But, since your client insists, the 8350? coming out soon is probably what you want to go for. If you had to go with what is available today I would go with a 8150 , a CHV (or Sabertooth) and clock it up to 4.5 Ghz+ and toss in 16 GB of the tightest smokin' fast memory you can find. Top it with some first class SSD storage for sure.

Edit to add: If you actually do have a "client" , meaning that you are taking money from someone to build them a computer , you should already know these things.

Otherwise, WT# are they paying you for?

Last edited:
Back