• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E bad Bluetooth!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marjamar

Me and Asus seem to not hit it off too well anymore it seems. Just bought this board for my update build and everything together working but Bluetooth does not work. It was trying too, but never connected properly to any device I tried. Now it doesn't see anything at all. Uninstalled the drivers and downloaded the latest from Asus and installed. Did a shutdown and looking in device manager I see every back in place as it should be. Still not detecting any device, so I guess the Bluetooth hardware must be bad.

MB will go back, but I think I want to try something NOT Asus. What's at the top for quality and price? Anyone have a good idea? I'm using a Intel 8th Gen Core i7-8700K and G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 memory.

Thanks.

-Rodger

Thanks for the info maxfly. I looked at it and decided to try a few more ideas to try and fix the bluetooth on this mb before buying a new mb. I got it fixed and the problem was leftover bluetooth drivers for a plug-in USB bluetooth I was using with the CHIVZ board. Seems fine now, so I'll keep this mb I suppose. Now I need to look at a better water cooling setup then what's on here. This CPU is really very fast, but I cannot run it in fastest stock overclock as CPU just gets too hot under high load. I need to do some research on an exterior radiator setup as there's no room in this case for more then a single 120 radiator. Thanks again for the link.

-Rodger

So, you didn't do a fresh install of windows and just dropped it on there? Makes sense there were issues like this.

You should also update your signature with the right parts. :)

I did do all the driver updates for the new mb which did what it was suppose to do, but I had forgotten about the USB bluethooth having been in the CHIVZ mb. I also did an uninstall in device manager of the bluethooth hardware before installing the updated bluetooth drivers from Asus. That really should have worked, but there was an actual install for the USB bluethooth that was conflicting obviously with the ASUS driver package. Went though the whole uninstall of everything again and ran CCLEANER just to make sure all the little pieces were gone. Installed ASUS bluetooth again, restarted, and it worked. Hope it continues to work now, as it was partially working before all of this before. We'll see.

I'll wait on the signature for a bit, as there most likely will be other changes happening before very long.

-Rodger

Dang, you found a fix, I was going to tell you to take the MB to a Dentist to get a filling for that Bluetooth :rofl::chair:

My asrock mobo came with onboard bt/wifi but I removed it so I could run the msata 840evo instead for fast boot and no frag. I have a better wifi dongle anyways and a bt one as well but never saw a need for bt enabled desktops.

My asrock mobo came with onboard bt/wifi but I removed it so I could run the msata 840evo instead for fast boot and no frag. I have a better wifi dongle anyways and a bt one as well but never saw a need for bt enabled desktops.
........so...........

...your board is ITX size and the Wi-Fi is using an M.2 port. Typically Wi-Fi modules are installed in Type-E slots, not M.2.

....thanks for sharing! :)

Back