• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New beta bios 1.5 for Abit IC7!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
micamica1217 said:

oooooo........pics please.

I still have my ax-478.

mica

Oops , no pictures yet (mabe this weekend) .

Here's what I did ....

I wanted a put a Panaflo 92mm (12H1A , 2850 RPM , 56.8 CFM , 35 DB) on my AX-478 for a long while .
Searched all of Gods green earth for an easy way to do it .
FINALLY found this 92mm to 80mm adapter :D

Next , I just took my dremel and ground out the inner lip (almost to the outer edge) so that I would get the full flow or the 92mm fan without any blockage .
Bolted acrylic adapter then to AX-478 then put the 92mm fan on top of that and "PRESTO" !!!
Works like a charm .

If you notice at the same site they also have a "120mm to 80mm acrylic adapter " for even a possible better mod .:cool:

I decieded to try the 92mm thing first to see how well it would work ; and so far pretty happy with it .

I'll try and take a picture or two of the adapter installed for ya abit later .
But you can easily imagine what it looks like and how easy all this is to do .

As I mentioned before , the HARDEST part was finding a good starting part that was easy to work with , and the acrylic adapter fit the bill perfectly .

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention ...
I did have to cut down long black factory AX-478 fan screws (about 1/2 the original length) since the screws were no longer going "through" the length of the fan , but only through the length of the acrylic adapter of which is only about a 1/2" thick. Then the regular fan mounting screws ( that come with the adapter) were used to fasten the fan to the acrylic adapter itself.

;) :D stereo555

Last edited:
stereo555,

wow, the things we do just to OC.:p

nice mod...and yes, I can "see" what you did by the great way you discribed the mod.

could you tell me, what was your old fan was?

and what the differance in temps are like?

nice job, btw.

mica

micamica1217 said:
stereo555,

wow, the things we do just to OC.:p

nice mod...and yes, I can "see" what you did by the great way you discribed the mod.

could you tell me, what was your old fan was?

and what the differance in temps are like?

nice job, btw.

mica

Previous fan was a Panaflo 80mm/12U1A , 3450 RPM , 47 CFM , 38.2 DB

Comparison of the two fans :
80mm/12U1A , 3450 RPM , 47 CFM , 38.2 DB
92mm /12H1A , 2850 RPM , 56.8 CFM , 35 DB

My idle temp is about 2C lower
My LOAD temp averages 3C lower (at times up to 4-5C)
My PWM temp lowered by 4-6C ????

Nothing to kill for , but it being a such easy mod it was worth it .

Makes me wonder how well the 120mm mod would work with a Panaflo 120mm/12L1A , 1700 RPM , 68.9 CFM , 30 DB . :eek:
heh heh :cool: and quite !!!

stereo555

Last edited:
I have the panaflow 2100RPM, 35.5dbA, 86.5cfm cooling my heatercore....now that may be nice, if not heavy.

btw, I got your pics....thanks.

also, IOU some heatware...going to do it now.
man, that burner is fast.

mica

Back