• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Board. no thermal grease for NB.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Runner30

I got a new (0444 ) board , and when installing NB cooler I noticed that between the north bridge and the stock cooler there's absolutely nothing.
The board doesn't overvolt.
Not a bad overclocker - memtest errors over 244Mhz.
The numbers in my signature are irrelevant now. :(

My point is, I wouldn't notice it at all if I was a normal user.

maybe they made some cut backs in the company .. no more thermal grease for ANYONE !!! lol

yeah i hear ya .. good thing you checked ... its usaually advised that everyone checkover there entire board before installation.

and as for a normal user.. what do you consider that to be ??

The majority of the users are "normal".
They order preassembled computers, have no intention to deal with it themselves, and go buy a new one when a fan fails.

Runner30 said:
They order preassembled computers, have no intention to deal with it themselves, and go buy a new one when a fan fails.

you do realize you are describing the typical businessman, not the typical ocforum member/overclocker?

Runner30 said:

and if thats your explanation ... then the normal user wouldnt have bought a board like your anyways .. it would have been pre-assmebled ..

but i would disagree about a "normal" user. i consider myself to be a normal user..

Back