• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EVGA Supernova 650

Well I know it's pricey it will be about 100$ less microcenter has alot on sale. I want to wall mount pc and have the cpu liquid cooled with some mayhem uvgreen fluid in it I'll buy a water block for gpu down the road. I was told to get that exact mb and ram to achive 3200mhz on ram and 4.0ghz on cpu...

If you wanna throw a part list out that's cheaper but keeping the case and water cooler I'm all ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I know it's pricey it will be about 100$ less microcenter has alot on sale. I want to wall mount pc and have the cpu liquid cooled with some mayhem uvgreen fluid in it I'll buy a water block for gpu down the road. I was told to get that exact mb and ram to achive 3200mhz on ram and 4.0ghz on cpu...

If you wanna throw a part list out that's cheaper but keeping the case and water cooler I'm all ears.

And I only have a hp25s monitor running 1080p 60hz don't plan on upgrading for atleast 2 years. If you can get me a cheaper build list where I can play all.current games at there max fps on ultra that's all I care about but don't wanna have to upgrade for atleast 5 years. I wanna keep the case and water cooling and want parts that are proven over clockers

Your already well overkill for 1080p so it should have no problem with any game for a few years at least. The combo you got is about the best chance at 4ghz but your going to have to be pretty lucky to get one that will do it without needing a ton of juice, 95% can hit 3.9 with quality parts. I would have said check Silicon Lottery for a cpu but there sold out of most Ryzen chips.

There is only a tiny performance difference at 3.8 and 4.0 also. I recommend when you build it, sure see what it can do but then find the sweet spot it likes to run at with out much voltage bump and run that as your everyday.

This looks like a pretty good psu.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438094

Your already well overkill for 1080p so it should have no problem with any game for a few years at least. The combo you got is about the best chance at 4ghz but your going to have to be pretty lucky to get one that will do it without needing a ton of juice, 95% can hit 3.9 with quality parts. I would have said check Silicon Lottery for a cpu but there sold out of most Ryzen chips.

There is only a tiny performance difference at 3.8 and 4.0 also. I recommend when you build it, sure see what it can do but then find the sweet spot it likes to run at with out much voltage bump and run that as your everyday.

This looks like a pretty good psu.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438094

Ty you all for the replies advice an time I will post pics when build is finished.

Good price on an M.2 SSD here.

512GB Sandisk X300s MLC 80mm (2280) SATA III M.2 SSD w/ SED on sale for $129.99 - $10 w/ coupon code MPBTS17 when you checkout via Masterpass Checkout= $119.99
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...k_x300s_mlc-_-9SIA53D60U4090-_-Product&cm_sp=

So i don't order my parts untill aug 23rd and been going back and forth with i7 7700k and Ryzen 1600 all this pc will be used for is pubg csgo Diablo 3 and streaming those games I wanna be able to play all games on ultra. I already have a gigabyte g1 1080 I was planning on doing a water cooling kit from ekwb but Wii seeing if I'd be better served in getting a 1440p 144hz monitor instead.

If you already have the gpu can u put together a beast gaming rig with 1200$ to spend not including the gpu but have to have a 1440p 144hz monitor.

Back