• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build coming soon check my parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThorV2

Hello I am building a bwew rig for 120fps gaming, SETI, schhol, AutoCAD.....

Here is what I want to go with:
AMD FX6300
ASrock Extreme9 990FX
Noctua DH14
GTX 590 (have already)
16gb crucial ballistix tactical low profile have 8gb already
Creative 3D Recon Sound card
128GB ADATA SSD
1tb western digital caviar blue
Cooler Master Storm Stryker
PC Power and Cooling MKIII 850W

How is this build looking? I'm not beyond going with intel as I would like to go with X79 but I'm trying to save money now and go with X79 at Christmas....

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!
  • What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

I don't get it...if you get a cheaper setup now and go X79 at Christmas...you still end up paying more money in the long run.

I don't get it...if you get a cheaper setup now and go X79 at Christmas...you still end up paying more money in the long run.

Well knu just did some looking and I'm going to.change my mind and go with an RIVF and 3820 then go IB E when it releases

Again...going with a 3820 now and shelling out for IB-E when it comes out is like $300 in extra costs. The gain is like 3-5% over the 3930K, because the difference between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge is the same difference between Sandy Bridge-E and Ivy Bridge-E.

I'd just grab a 3930K now and be done with it. 3930K and RIVF should be a nice combo to get into the benching team.

The other option is just go with Haswell when it comes out. It'll probably hurt your rendering performance a bit but it'll be a lot cheaper and a bit quicker on the single threaded stuff.

I was looking at the Coolermaster V6 is.that a good cooler? Is the Phanteks better?

Okay well you have heloed me a lot man.... I'm looking at the CM Storm Keyboards and mice... but the Razer one are nice.to

I'm actually going to give rocat a try... never heard of them also I don't care if.its mechanical or not....

Somebody's never used a good mechanical keyboard :p. It's worth it.

I've ised a Quickfire pro and as I said I really don't care. I have also used a ducky and a K70. They are not worth the premium for me....

I've ised a Quickfire pro and as I said I really don't care. I have also used a ducky and a K70. They are not worth the premium for me....

He said good.. Lol. Ducky is okay. The only real option for backlit. But good to me makes me think filco/Leopold/topre. Etc.

Back